The story of Fat Boy, the horse ...

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
Only in Britain...

A drunk pony was rescued from a swimming pool after gorging on fermented apples and falling into the water.
The pony, called Fat Boy, broke in to Sarah Penhaligon's garden in Newquay, Cornwall, to get to the fruit, which had fallen from trees.
He ate so many apples that he became confused.
Penhaligon, 28, from said she was woken at around 3am yesterday by the sounds of an animal in distress.
She said she looked out of her window to see a large creature in the pool, adding: "When I looked outside, I saw this massive animal in the dark and I thought the Beast of Bodmin Moor was in the pool.
"I was terrified, but when I took a closer look I realised it was a horse. I didn't have a clue what to do next. Who do you call when there's a horse stuck in your swimming pool?"
Penhaligon called the emergency services and a team of firefighters managed to rescue Fat Boy, who was unharmed, using harnesses.
A spokeswoman for the Trenance riding stables, where Fat Boy lives, said horses were known to get drunk from eating too many apples.
"It looks like he was scrounging for apples in the garden and fell in when he trod on the tarpaulin over the pool," she said.
"It's a good job he's got a lot of bulk, as it kept him warm while he was stuck in the water. He was checked over by a vet, but luckily he's fine."

The actual article:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2008/oct/15/animalwelfare

Last edited by a moderator:

marval

I am glad he is alright, I must admit I wasn't sure whether to gasp in shock or laugh. But the better side of me felt sorry for Fat Boy. Let's hope he has learnt his lesson and doesn't stray into someone's garden again.

Margaret

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
Oh, yes, well he's ok but I laughed. I can just hear the horse's dialog: Hullo?? Did someone say apples?? My favourite food!! Whinny Whinny Whinny. Opps a daisy! Splash

marval

HaHa good one. That will teach him to go horsing around.

Next time instead of yea he had better say neigh.

Margaret

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Aloha Dame Margaret,

I'm so sorry that our colleague CT64 found your *neigh* to be droll - I found it rib-ticklingly funny. More power to ya!

Cheerio,

CD :):):)

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Aloha CT64,

Pardon then my thinking that droll meant boring, out-of-touch, and dull.

marval

Well I think my neigh put a smile on faces, so droll or rib tickling a smile on someone's face suits me.

This fellow seems to think so too.

fugly40316203.jpg

marval

I don't wish to hi-jack this thread, but a donkey wants to join in.

Here is another funny animal story.

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif]Donkey jailed for stealing corn[/FONT]

An Egyptian donkey has been jailed for stealing corn on the cob from a field belonging to an agricultural research institute in the Nile Delta.
The ass and its owner were held at a police checkpoint that had been set up after the institute's director complained that someone was stealing his crops.
The donkey was found in possession of the institute's corn and a local judge sentenced him to 24 hours in prison. His owner got off with a fine of 50 Egyptian pounds (£5).