Bon soir, mes amis

Hecklephone

No, I'm not French, but thought I'd start off in that language in honor of our heroes les maîtres français. Comment allez-vous? Que jouez-vous ces jours?

I'm a church player with two degrees and a ton of great scores which I enjoy sharing with two appreciative congregations each week -- Episcopal and Catholic.

Nice to be here. Thank you, Mr. Magle.

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
:wave: Welcome fo MIMF, Hecklephone :wave:

Always happy to see another organist join our ranks ... :rolleyes:.

We hope you will enjoy the time you spend here ... one warning though, this forum becomes quite addictive :up:

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Aloha Hecklephone,

Welcome Aboard! Please do feel very much at home here on MIMF - I am also an organist with lots of scores to share. Please feel free to PM me if you need a score - I'll look to see if I have it. You've got a cool forum name - Just like the namesake on the Woolsey Hall Organ of Yale University. I just acquired a brand new Heckelphone from the factory - I have been for sometime interested in learning how to play it. So now I'll get busy :grin:

Très Amicalement,

Corno Dolce :tiphat::tiphat::tiphat:

Last edited:

marval

Hello Hecklephone,

Welcome to the forum, it is good to have another new member.

Do have a look round and feel free to join in.

Margaret

Hecklephone

Thank you all -- what a nice warm, zesty welcome. Delighted to see that you folks are among other good things very orthographic -- Corno Dolce spells my self-mocking moniker correctly.

Will take up your your kind offer, Corno, as soon as I've learned a few more of the "must" items I've nabbed and then kept in a file drawer prison for 20-30 years! Meanwhile, PM me anything you're in search of. If I can't offer you a legal or semi-legal copy, maybe I know where it's posted free or cheap online.

I fear for the future of real music, but that's a subject for another thread.

Corno Dolce

Aloha Hecklephone,

My moniker is *borrowed* from the 16' stop in the Recit division of the Cavaille-Coll organ in St. Ouen de Rouen. Its a real soft stop but in the acoustic of St. Ouen it blooms - like a Horn in a distant valley.

Cheerio,

CD :tiphat::tiphat::tiphat:

Hecklephone

I wondered. Wish I could hear it. One of the most blissful stops in my memory is an Austin dolcan (sic) celeste.

Corno Dolce

Aloha Hecklephone,

Yes, The Dolcan Celeste as built, voiced, and finished by Austin is quite impeccable - There is also the Dolcan and Dolcan Celeste in the organ of St. John the Divine in New York - It makes my heart palpitate :grin:

Cheerio,

CD :tiphat::tiphat::tiphat:

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
Hecklephone - welcome to this forum, it's a nice place to dwell and some interesting information to be had. See the Bach threads, gratis PDFs of some organ music.

Hecklephone

Hi again, folks -- Ha, "Contratrombone64" with stopknob! I guess they specify "wood" in case they ever want to ad a metal one -- or maybe just to brag. Couple forum questions -- us there any way to search thread headings via keyword? I'm thinking of starting one but want to see if it already exists. Sure can't go through the entire list! Search headings by keyword is what I do -- sure hope it exists here.

Last edited:

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
. . . Couple forum questions -- us there any way to search thread headings via keyword? I'm thinking of starting one but want to see if it already exists. Sure can't go through the entire list! Search headings by keyword is what I do -- sure hope it exists here.

In answer to the above query:

On the top bar, click on "Search" for a pull down menu. Click on "Advanced Search". At the top left is a search box where you can choose to:

1. Search entire posts
  2. Search titles only
There is also an option to search for "tags" by clicking on that option from the main "Search" pull down on the top bar. There are a number of existing tags, each one is a clickable link to posts dealing with those tags.

If you need more assistance on this, feel free to PM me at anytime. As a forum staff member, we are committed to making your experience here as enjoyable as possible.

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
Hi again, folks -- Ha, "Contratrombone64" with stopknob! I guess they specify "wood" in case they ever want to ad a metal one -- or maybe just to brag. Couple forum questions -- us there any way to search thread headings via keyword? I'm thinking of starting one but want to see if it already exists. Sure can't go through the entire list! Search headings by keyword is what I do -- sure hope it exists here.

Yes - truly unique - like me. And I don't think a metal one would ever be considered seriously!! The wooden one is noisy enough.