artists you like that are not jazz performers

hardbop grandpop

hi colin, 55 years ago i was a 17 year old kid and you know what i was in love with both julie london and rosemary clooney. today i still listen to their music. gord :cool:

JHC

Chief assistant to the assistant chief
hi colin, 55 years ago i was a 17 year old kid and you know what i was in love with both julie london and rosemary clooney. today i still listen to their music. gord :cool:
We are the same vintage approx, Clooney had a real husky sexy voice "come on to my house........" memories big sigh

hardbop grandpop

i saw rosemary clooney sing in a sci-fi movie called conquest of space and became an instant fan, as for julie london in the girl cant help it she knocked me out with her beauty and talent, and 50 years later i still like them both. gord

OLDUDE

I was in love with Doris Day and still rate her at the top as a female singer.
I was late in the day to appreciate Vic Damone but now listen to him regularly

Cheers john

JHC

We just don't get that quality of entertainment to day or are we just relics of the past

JHC

So how about Paul Robeson if I have the letters in the right order

JHC

He got baned by some performing group for belonging to the communist party must have been in the days of McCarthy. How times change

gord

colin, robeson was blacklisted, along with other artists like pete seeger and woody guthrie. they were accused of being communist by sen mccarthy. it was nonsense of course, i read somewhere that it was something to do with fellow artist burl ives who knew them all and testified against them. it is strange that he became a big star and they always struggled to make a living. so it could be true, they all had more talent than Burl did. gord

teddy

Duckmeister
Buena Vista Social Club. They visited Canterbury for one day and I could not get a ticket. Not even for £100.00 Fantastic film about them as well

teddy

JHC

colin, robeson was blacklisted, along with other artists like pete seeger and woody guthrie. they were accused of being communist by sen mccarthy. it was nonsense of course, i read somewhere that it was something to do with fellow artist burl ives who knew them all and testified against them. it is strange that he became a big star and they always struggled to make a living. so it could be true, they all had more talent than Burl did. gord
Thanks gord I did not realise Burl Ives was involved, the whole world was scared witless of the RED PERIL, how things have changed