Greetings from little-o-Denmark

Simon Jansfort

Hi there

Just found this quite interesting forum by searching on google, and I thought I'd give it a go. I thought for a moment about introducing myself on the "Introduction" board, but I thought that wouldn't do to much good since it seems there are a lot of posts there and I will really only be in this forum.

I'm a young guy from Denmark - I'm only 19 - but I have played music all my life. I have always played the piano but one year ago I took up the organ. I am now an employed organist, and pursuing organ as well as jazz-piano. I attend MGK in Kolding (Musikalsk Grund Kursus - Musical Basic Course) which is meant to lead me up to the conservatory.

I'm quite surprised to click my way in here and find Magle and Dressler in here! I hope this forum is as good as it looks like when first looking.

For now - I'll cya around.

Best regards,
Simon

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Hi Simon :wave:

Welcome to MIMF. I'm elated learning that young musicians like yourself are taking up an interest in the organ. Looking forward to your participation in the discussions.

Lars

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
Welcome to Magle International Music Forums, Simon! :tiphat:

I had to move you post to the introductions forum after all, in order to keep all introductions in one place so as to keep things as simple and clear as possible and avoid confusion. Anyhow, I'll be looking much forward to your participation on the Pipe Organ Forum, hope you'll become an active member! :)

Best regards,
Frederik

Simon Jansfort

Thanks everyone.

I must say (though it probably has been said a bunch of times before) that it's quite odd for a young guy like me - taking an interest in organs and yearning to become a musician and all - to walk straight into this place and suddenly be writing with the great, the one and only Frederik Magle. I've heard more about you as a kid than I have about people from hollywood or any other musicians for that matter.

I'll stop my rambling now, cause it might make someone uncomfortable, but just wanted to emphasize how cool I think it is. :)

Best,
Simon

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
Thanks Simon! I'm not uncomfortable but I fear that others might be, especially when I insist on being entitled that way every time someone addresses me in the future ;)

Best regards,
Frederik

Nalia

Commodore of History & Muses
Welcome Simon :wave:
Always glad to welcome a new fellow dane on board
Nalia :angel:

Last edited:

corno

Vice Admiral of Notes, Dots & at times also Slurs
Sr. Regulator
Hi Simon,

A belated welcome from me.
I hope you'll find what you "came for", and then some, here at MIMF.

Oh and... all hail, the great, the one and only Frederik Magle!!! *and there was much rejoicing* :grin:

Strunch

I second corno on all counts, because I have no imagination myself, welcome to MIMF, Simon :grin: