If you could change the world...

intet_at_tabe

Rear Admiral Appassionata (Ret.)
Well this smiley goes exclusively to Intet-at-tabe this time!!!

I am profoundly honored and always forever more your humble servant, sir Andrew. :tiphat::clap::banana::trp:

About the Marshall help. You could say it´s both corruption (buying a future alied) but more so it was both to Germany and Japan most needed, and the results for both of the countries were - peace and quieteness and loyalty to the USA at least for Germany until the Iraq scandale in 2003, where Germany and France decided not to follow the rest of us to Iraq.

intet_at_tabe

Rear Admiral Appassionata (Ret.)
You´re a real friend Ms. Margaret :tiphat:

I will certainly study the link to the site you provided, thank you so very much Ms. Margaret. I have been looking for something like this for half a year. Also like it says on this site, there´s alot of symbolism in the Lord of the Flies, also about the names of the characters. Simon and Ralph for instance?

I salute you :tiphat:.

As for the novel "Animal Farm" by George Orwell, it´s a MUST READ. I love this book the same way as "1984", though the story is quite different. The whole set up with pigs to take over the power, one of the most misunderstood and wrongfully designs of God, like the Hippo, though much bigger than a farm pig.

I have always felt pitty on farm pigs, with those tiny short legs, a body looking more like a barrel full of whiskey, a nose looking more like the socket to your HiFi system and a tail almost invisible because, it´s so short and curved. Their bodies all over with hair like sandpaper used by a carpenter, and then they are not really that intelligent (LOL), as Mr. George Orwell take them for.

However they have one benefit in their miserable ugly lives. They can actually run much faster than you would think. Believe me, I know from sour experience.

The Hippo in Africa, though much bigger. But then they have gracefull movements (LOL) almost at times in slow-motion. Can you imagine how difficult it must be for them to keep the balance?

A friend of my best friend Claus, for 14 years has claimed that he could learn the pigs on his farm, not to go directly to the mud post the shower he gave them every day with clean water from the garden hose. So far he has lost all bets, and we´re still laughing whenever we visit him to hear the latest testing of his idea of being a real pedagog.

His wife is the most patient wife, I have ever met. But that´s another story.

Last edited:

marval

Hi Intet

You are welcome. It does look a good site.

I think it is good to understand the characters in Lord of the Flies, it is more than just a story.

Margaret

greatcyber

I would like to spread tolerance, acceptance and compassion among the masses... take biggotry and discrimination out of the equation and stop greed and imperialism in its tracks.

Get back to our cosmic roots and have the "higher life forms" actually act like it.

zoned

Yes, greed has got to go. And,in my opinion,the desire for certain individuals to become immersed in power.

methodistgirl

If I could change the world there would be no more sickness,pain,strife,
or any kind of fighting with wars going on, and no more problems of any
kind. The earth would be a happy and peaceful place for us to dwell and
live in. I would get rid of all evil.
judy tooley

Teo

great topic. Visualizing the answer is the first step!!!

Something to maybe consider: One person's utopia may be another person's dystopia.

Too true. Peace begins at home. On of Dr. Deepak Chopra's lines I liked the most is: "There is nothing worse than an angry peace protester.":D

I don't know why more of you don't have better ideas. I consider classical music folk waaaay smarter than Madonna (the wh..re) morons...

Here's just a few (Believe me, don't get me started!):

Teach people that when someone states their opinion, it ONLY proves their point of view, not truth - too many people blindly believe what they are told.

Make politicians and decision makers actually accountable for what they say. There are so many records, video, audio, signed statements that they turn 180 degrees from once elected! Make them account for their statements.

Media NEEEEEED stop overdoing "give them what they want" and mix in some "give them what they need." Why all this insipid 'Rock School' and 'Rap School' and 'America Sings' mierde feces insulting garbage on TV and no 'Flute School' or 'Ballet Basics' or 'Vocalizing Basics' type of things? You have to look hard and long for even a useful yoga tv show, probably because they want the couch potatoes to survive to buy more tv sold crap!:eek:

People need to do everything to stop making so many babies. The worse part of this problem/solution is this: the intelligent people have maybe one or two children, and probably can afford them and grow them to be reasonable footprint on the worlds resources; the poorest and least producing needed goods to the planet people make the most babies.. so I'm totally in a quandry about this one.

Stop killing whales, dolphins, elephants, pandas, monkeys, all the endangered animals... I'm so embarassed to be a human right now on this earth... :mad:

Eliminate all weapons of mass destruction (OK we'll let TV go for now.. he he :crazy:)

Take all the constant terrible news off of AOL startup screen and TV commercials - you can't turn on a TV without seeing disgusting violent horrible painful scenes...:rolleyes:

Teach people to value what they have, have them, for example, tell 10 things that they have that their ancestors didn't. Every day. Make them happily say it out loud! Make them appreciate the great things they have and not bombard them with advertisements telling them what they really don't need!

Have news shows start out with GOOD NEWS, does anyone remember what that is? Like what hard working businesses are succeeding, what students make great achievements and such.

Truly have open media on TV especially cable. Why is it only crumb bumbs have alternative media? Kids share all kinds of what we would call nonsense on their cells, why censor so much that people feel alone, never see a boob in their life, can see all the blood and violence possible, but never ever, ever, see someone make passionate love to a devoted partner. Oh well, I guess I'd call it hetrosexism if they did, and I'd feel the gays have the same right, and I'm back where I started... :cry:

Instead of the rediculous "Warning! Mature Subject Matter" that they use for senseless violence and childish garbage on TV, I'd like to see "Warning! Immature Subject Matter" that's more like it! :eek:

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Hi Teo,

*An angry peace protester* - now there is an oxymoron for ya.

Weapons of mass destruction/distraction: Yep, thats what TV's are for - Distracting someone and destroying their brain.

Cheers,

Corno Dolce :):):)

methodistgirl

I can answer the Irish blessing with this sentence in the bible.

Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God;trust also in me.
John 14vs1

That was beautiful. It had me in tears.:cry:
judy tooley