The verbosity challenge

marval

Thank you for that comment CT, but it obviously is for Buttercup too.

Take two things that fly, and put them in among a mixture of wood and leaves. Then take only one thing, put it into one appendage, that is at the end of another and you will have the same value.

Margaret

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
Pertaining to a man-made fibre (often of silk) which is attached roughly about the proximal phlange which whither it passes up a tube and onto a device often used to bring people's attention to food. This cunning comination of fibre and objects will determine, usually, if someone has passed onto greener pastures. Said person is known as "a dxxx rxxxxr"

marval

This male person might be dark, possibly a friend of Arthur, on top of a four footed creature. Covered in metal, which glows like the sun, all ready to rescue a female in a dangerous situation.

Soubasse

I like the made up latin tags too such as

Semper in excreta

Nil illegitemae carborundum

Know the second one well - some drinking pals I knew came up with that one for their motto ("don't let the bastards grind you down")
Still trying to tackle the first one. Pretty obvious what excreta is and I thought semper was "always" so ... :confused:

Alright, I'll play (hope this works though)

"Relative futility will be found in the involuntary secretion of saline solution from the lachrimal apparatus of the ocular structures in response to the unintentional (or otherwise) disgorging of a colloid of butter-fat globules within a water-based fluid (as generally produced from mammary glands of the domesticated ungulates collectively known as Bos primigenius)"

marval

It was a knight in shining armour.

Normally though, some reading and study is to be considered advantageous, in a case like this that can be done in a short length of time, it would be more prudent to ignore the process of obtaining information as it could be considered harmful.

Last edited:

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
*bows deeply to Margaret*

Circa as serviceable as a horizontal receptacle for the containment of powdery residue of prepared narcotic chlorophyll-producing structures of a South American plant would be, if sited on a bi-circular-disced vehicular device.

Dorsetmike

At first glance "about as much use as a snuff box on a bike" but that doesn't sound quite like any saying that I'm familiar with, plus snuff is from tobacco plants which I thought came from north America or Carribean although I've never looked into the origins.

Dorsetmike

An excess of inquisitiveness is reputed to be a possible cause of the demise of members of domesticated predators belonging to the species felis