Unusual candy from the past

White Knight

Spectral Warrior con passion
lol @ Steve and Teddy,

This one has had a little too much.

Margaret, I guess so! Reminds me a little of me in my younger and more "wild" days. Thanks, I really needed a laugh after trying to dig out from our latest 14" snowstorm.

White Knight

Does anybody remember Bonomo's Turkish Taffy with the different colored paper wrappers signifying varios flavors like chocolate, banana, strawberry and vanilla?

Hawk Henries

Oh Yeah Steve! That was goooood!!!
How about those wax lips or wax bottles filled with sugary liquid or candy cigarrettes... :)

Hawk Henries

Judy those were great!
This is not candy but I remember them with the same joy
Pumpkin seeds that were coated in a thick layer of salt and packaged in a red box with an "Indian" on the cover. I loved licking the salt!!

White Knight

Judy those were great!
This is not candy but I remember them with the same joy
Pumpkin seeds that were coated in a thick layer of salt and packaged in a red box with an "Indian" on the cover. I loved licking the salt!!
Hawk, absolutely, positively true! What about Sweettarts candy in the shiny wrapper, do you remember those?

Hawk Henries

I do remember sweet tarts~didn't care for them too much but I did eat them :)

How about Fruit Juicy Hawaiian Gum? Remember the little guy decked out in a Hawaiian shirt singing that song...

White Knight

I do remember sweet tarts~didn't care for them too much but I did eat them :)

How about Fruit Juicy Hawaiian Gum? Remember the little guy decked out in a Hawaiian shirt singing that song...
Yeah Hawk, I remember the little guy singing that song on tv for Hawaiian Punch drink; however, I never saw the HP gum being sold where I grew up. But I do remember buying and eating JuicyFruit gum, which I believe was manufactured by Wrigley's.

Hawk Henries

Yeah Hawk, I remember the little guy singing that song on tv for Hawaiian Punch drink; however, I never saw the HP gum being sold where I grew up. But I do remember buying and eating JuicyFruit gum, which I believe was manufactured by Wrigley's.

Hmmmmmm :confused: I guess my memory is getting things mixed up. Now that I have reread my post I don't even remember Hawaiian Gum :p :eek:

Steve wait til you get to be my age (26) you'll start to forget too :grin:

White Knight

Hmmmmmm :confused: I guess my memory is getting things mixed up. Now that I have reread my post I don't even remember Hawaiian Gum :p :eek:

Steve wait til you get to be my age (26) you'll start to forget too :grin:
Yeah Hawk, but it's a nice idea for gum anyway, even if it in fact never existed. But then again, maybe it did--or does--in Hawaii, to which I've never been. Thanks for your age joke--I'm pushing 60 in a minute and starting to feel every bit of it!

Hawk Henries

Yeah Hawk, but it's a nice idea for gum anyway, even if it in fact never existed. But then again, maybe it did--or does--in Hawaii, to which I've never been. Thanks for your age joke--I'm pushing 60 in a minute and starting to feel every bit of it!

I'm just a few years behind you~ I'm loving this age! I just keep waitng for that wisdom to set in. I heard it comes after you reach 50 something years old. so far all I got is AARP :eek: :grin:

marval

Welll I am pushing 60 soon, no wonder there are so many candies/sweets to remember.

Margaret