What is your favorite candy?

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
Well - you were pointing out the your youth was a very active one ... as was mine. No iPods or computers to muddle my little brain with. So, we used to go "on the rampage" on weekends, often dissapearing from home for hours on end. We always got home safe (mostly) and were fit as fiddles. Now, obviously, I spend a lot of time with my fat arse parked on a chair staring at a computer screen. Christ, what a horrid way to was ones life when you think about it.

I've started to "smell the roses" meaning that I don't go home and turn the T.V./computer/toy on, rather get outdoors and walk for an hour each night. It's just so good to get back in touch with nature.

Muza

I definitely agree, I do that a lot in San Diego when I visit there (my parents live there), so I go for a little walk late in the evening, nothing but silence. Its great!

We just moved to this new place though, which doesnt have much around, except for a shopping mall ;) So, instead I go swimming ;) Or sometimes I go and play with my bunny (unfortunately she doesnt live with me at the moment) its so relaxing! and fun ;););)

NEB

Ah - Now I understand what you were saying CT64.

I do things like Park at the far end of the car park or walk if it's within about a mile or so. If it's in the village then I always walk, and get exercise on the dreaded machines as well.

I've taken to wearing a pedometer all the time, so I know how much I've been active and can add in some extra exercise If I need to in the day...

Small things but they've really helped my fitness.

methodistgirl

I just had something delicious for breakfast. You might say yuck but I
got to enjoy a peanutbutter sandeich toasted on the stove like a
grilled cheese. Yum! I have been busy keeping the candy jar full because
I love hershey bars!
judy tooley

methodistgirl

Contra, that has nothing to do with your favorite candy or food! I can
also tell you about some of the sights at the restaurants here that would
have you barfing!:rolleyes: Do any of you like french fries? I can eat them any
time of the day. The potato can be my all time favorite food of all because
you can fix them different ways and they are still good.
judy tooley

C5Says

Contra, that has nothing to do with your favorite candy or food! I can
also tell you about some of the sights at the restaurants here that would
have you barfing!:rolleyes: Do any of you like french fries? I can eat them any
time of the day. The potato can be my all time favorite food of all because
you can fix them different ways and they are still good.
judy tooley

...and still has nothing to do with candies :D

C5Says

hmm, green tea candy? what is that like?
The sushi place that we usually go to for lunch has the most amazing green tea icecream... oh soo good ;) yum

This one I'm eating is quite 'healthy' and more than doubly expensive...because it's 'healthy.' :D Bought it from a health store.

It's minty. Ingredients are honey extract, maltose, green tea powder and some sugar to harden it.

This is what it says: "...contains high level of Polyphenols and Flavenoids that actively strengthen the immune system, which enables the body to fight off illness and to quickly overcome existing common ailments. Green Tea is also useful for speeding up fat burning process good for the people who seek greater health and control over their weight. Green Tea candy has antioxidants that help protect the liver from toxins, such as those found in alcohol and cigarette smoke."

NEB

I'm always amazed by this. so called 'healthy' food is almost always more expensive, and yet it contains fewer ingredients (sugars and fats especially), and often fewer processes involved in manufacture. Puzzling isn't it? :crazy:

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
It is, NEB ...

Equally puzzling to me is the 'other ingredients' that are added to low fat, non fat, cholesterol free, sugar free, etc., to still make it satisfy the taste senses. Those 'other' ingredients (high fructose syrup, gobs of salt, etc), not to mention all the preservatives, are much worse for dietary concerns than if we just ate the regular stuff.

Funny though how it's true that when they take ingredients out the price goes up! Guess I'll never figure that one out.

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
I don't give a tincker's cuss if it's not about food, name ONE person here who hasn't hood winked a thread and changed the subject, eh ;-)

C5Says

It is, NEB ...

Equally puzzling to me is the 'other ingredients' that are added to low fat, non fat, cholesterol free, sugar free, etc., to still make it satisfy the taste senses. Those 'other' ingredients (high fructose syrup, gobs of salt, etc), not to mention all the preservatives, are much worse for dietary concerns than if we just ate the regular stuff.

Funny though how it's true that when they take ingredients out the price goes up! Guess I'll never figure that one out.

Puzzles me too! :D
Guess what. The kids didn't like it! Perhaps it's real. :D

methodistgirl

Since easter is just around the corner, I would like to know what
your favorite jelly bean is. My favorite is black or the spicy ones.
Chocolate bunnies with marshmellow inside is always a delight.
judy tooley;):grin: