Greetings to all !

superhorn

I'm a classical musician of wide experience and new to this forum.
I live in New Rochelle,just north of New York City , and have played the horn with many different orchestras,opera companies,concert bands and chamber ensembles under such well-known conductors as Maurice Peress,Joann Falletta, Arthur Weisberg,Dalia Atlas and others.
I'm no longer active, but still very much involved with classical music.
I have very eclectic tastes in it;I enjoy orchestral music,opera,chamber music ,choral works or whatever.
My blog on classical music at blogiversity.org is called simply The Horn, and I cover all aspects of classical music on it, and it's geared toward people who may be new to it and would like to have classical music explained and de-mystified.
Blogiversity.org is a website with blogs and forums on a wide variety of topics, and I cover classical music for it.
I'm also involved with music appreciation programs for people with disabilities and the elderly and infirm. I play a wide variety of classical works for them on CD and explain the music and tell them about the composers. This is very rewarding.
I don't have a favorite composer,or a favorite work by any particular composer, a favorite work, or favorite musicians, because I just admire so many musicians and love so much music by so many composers.
However, I would say that Wagner,Bruckner,Mahler,Richard Strauss,
Sibelius,Nielsen,Dvorak,Smetana,Janacek,Ives, Albert Roussel,Berlioz,
Bartok, Elgar,Mussorgsky,Prokofiev, and Shostakovich are among my favorites.
I look forward to regular posting here.

Mat

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Regulator
Hi superhorn,

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll have a great time here.

Have a look around and feel free to join right in.

benjamin&daisy

Hey Superhorn!

I'm new here to... hope to live in new york city,.... at some point in my life!...

Lovin all the composers you've listed! :D

teddy

Duckmeister
Welcome from England. I have found this a very friendly and informative site.

teddy

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
:wave: Hi, superhorn ...

Welcome aboard Magle International Music Forums :)

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Welcome aboard superhorn,

Please do feel very much at home here amongst many super-terrific people the world over.

Cheers,

CD :tiphat::tiphat::tiphat: