Howdy!

Mark D

Hello everyone, I'm an organist in central Kentucky. I play for a Disciples of Christ church in the town of Stanford. I plan to start music studies in college next fall, this looks like a neat place to discuss the king of instruments and all great music!

Mark

teddy

Duckmeister
Hello Mark and welcome to the forum. You will find some great organists here

teddy

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Welcome aboard Mark,

You've arrived to a supergreat place with supergreat members all. Please do make yourself feel much at home here. Quite a few of the members are/have been working organists so you'll feel not out of place.

Best always,

CD :tiphat::tiphat::tiphat:

wljmrbill

Welcome Mark. I know you will enjoy your sudies: BUT AT TIMES IT WILL BE ROUGH SO0 DO NOT GIVE UP..Many of us will be happy to help you out with any questions/problems you may encounter..anad our experience with same.

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
:wave: Welcome aboard, Mark!

From one organist to another, a hearty welcome to this forum where many organists share experiences related to this wonderful music field.

What kind of organ do you play on at that church?

Mark D

Thanks to all for the warm welcome! This looks like a great forum. At my church, we have a 2-manual, 23-rank pipe organ built by Henry Pilcher's Sons, and which was reserviced and given a specification upgrade by the Miller company in 1992. As far as I am aware, both companies are located in Louisville, KY. There are some shortcomings but I feel very fortunate to be able to play an instrument like that for my first job.

I've taken quite the layoff, but in a month or so, especially when the Christmas season starts, I plan to start putting more videos of me playing on YouTube. I'll be sure to put up a link when I begin updating my channel again. Thanks again for the friendly reception!

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Nice instrument by a respected builder :up:

Yes, they were in Louisville, KY, until 1944 when they closed the factory and sold all their assets to MP Möller Organ Company, who themselves quit the business in about 1991.

Looking forward to hearing you play :)