Hi guys

Invitation

A very old bloke from Scandinavia, personally closer to the end of life than the beginnin´ and yet full of optimism and love for my fellow equals no matter where on this beautiful planet they might live.

I listened some time ago to an american jazz guitarist Pat Metheny - never heard of the bloke before, but his album "Orchestration", where Pat Metheny plays all the instruments, really made my day.

I am not really an educated musical guy, just an ordinary citizen, who fell over this album introduced by a friend.

If there are any members here who could help me with information on Pat Metheny and other albums of his I would be very pleased.

Invitation

That was a fast reply from my unknown musical friend Krummhorn, which really makes me feel welcome here.

Are you a common member or member of the moderators team?

About your "question" jazz. I have enherated a lot (2000) of jazz CD´s fom a friend, who unfortunately passed away last year. Not really easy to listen to, and I often wondered if, I there must have been something wrong with my depertured friend´s ability to listen to easy good swinging music.

I know he did not care for much anything else than jazz, but personally all his life supporting the arts in generel.

I like the blues and some jazz music, but my ground zero is rock and blues throughout the 1960´ and 1970´

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
That was a fast reply from my unknown musical friend Krummhorn, which really makes me feel welcome here.

Are you a common member or member of the moderators team?

Actually, I am both a contributing normal member and an Administrator.
I only flex those admin muscles when it's absolutely necessary. :)

JHC

Chief assistant to the assistant chief
A very old bloke from Scandinavia, personally closer to the end of life than the beginnin´ and yet full of optimism and love for my fellow equals no matter where on this beautiful planet they might live.

I listened some time ago to an american jazz guitarist Pat Metheny - never heard of the bloke before, but his album "Orchestration", where Pat Metheny plays all the instruments, really made my day.

I am not really an educated musical guy, just an ordinary citizen, who fell over this album introduced by a friend.

If there are any members here who could help me with information on Pat Metheny and other albums of his I would be very pleased.

GDay invite try this forum we have a small but keen gathering of Jazz freaks http://www.magle.dk/music-forums/jazz-forum/ good to have you aboard. Colin

teddy

Duckmeister
Welcome to the forum and I hope you join in with the jazz threads. I have learnt so much since I joined

teddy

Invitation

Introduce yourself

Actually, I am both a contributing normal member and an Administrator.
I only flex those admin muscles when it's absolutely necessary. :)

Thank you very much Krummhorn.

Actually and the specific reason to why, I enter here at Magle International Music Forums. I have a very personal message for you Krummhorn from this departured friend of mine that used to write about jazz. As I understand it mostly every day.

Is there any way here on this web, I could enter the words in his letter to you personally, obviously written before he passed on?

You knew him here as: intet-at-tabe.

Last edited:

Invitation

To JHC, Contratrombone and Teddy.

Thank you guys for the warm welcome.

However, I don´t think I can contribute with anything in jazz, as unknown to me as the liberty rights for women in Sarkakstan. I know of and have heard of Louis Armstrong, Duke Ellington, Billie Holliday, Frank Sinatra, Sammy Davis Jr. and Dean Martin - the latter raps it up. In fact, I don´t even think one can explane the music of Pat Metheny as jazz. I have another album of his called "The American garage".

Do you guys think of this album as jazz or a mixture of jazz, rock, blues and something else?

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Thank you very much Krummhorn.

Actually and the specific reason to why, I enter here at Magle International Music Forums. I have a very personal message for you Krummhorn from this departured friend of mine that used to write about jazz. As I understand it mostly every day.

Is there any way here on this web, I could enter the words in his letter to you personally, obviously written before he passed on?

You knew him here as: intet-at-tabe.

Yes, there is ... check for an incoming PM (private message) from me.

Invitation

Yes, there is ... check for an incoming PM (private message) from me.

Thank you so much Krummhorn. I should have done this message to you a long time ago, but private surcomstances had me engaged elsewhere.

P.S. In his letter to you he braggs about inventing the tittle for you, not as Krummhorn but as Master Krummhorn. True?

Mat

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Regulator
Hi Invitation and welcome to the forum. Nice to have intet-at-tabe's friend joining this board. I take it that you knew him well? I created a thread regarding Lars' tragic death soon after I'd found out. You can read it here.

As to Pat Metheny. I actually went to his concert a year ago or so, while he was promoting the Orchestrion album in my country. It was interesting to see all these instruments all perfetcly synchronised and operated by one man, but that's all. I didn't particularly like the music he played, but then - I am not a fan of Pat and only went to see him because I had a free ticket. You can find his discography here. Hope I helped.

Last edited:

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
. . . P.S. In his letter to you he braggs about inventing the tittle for you, not as Krummhorn but as Master Krummhorn. True?

Could possibly be ... he used that particular title in a PM sent to me dated Dec 22, 2009, the last one I ever received from him. To be fair though, there are other members who have used that same title or variants of it. I'm certainly not a 'master' by any means ... I'm just plain ol' me ... I don't like being in the spotlight.

Lars Hansen (aka Intet) and I exchanged 55 PM's between January 2008 and December 2009, his last one to me dated December 22, 2009. That horrific crash where he and his wife perished was between then and April, 2010. We were planning on meeting during our trip to Denmark that summer.

Intet has been a member here since December 2007. All 2,283 of his postings are still intact, the only change we made was to his 'rank title' : Rear Admiral Appassionata (Ret.), having added the "(Ret)", signifying 'retired', to the end of it. To recall Intet's "signature" which appeared at the bottom of all his posts:

Best regards,
intet_at_tabe

Thanks to Mat for archiving that post with its still active link. :tiphat:

marval

Hello, welcome to the forum. It is good to have new members especially a friend of Intet.

I hope you enjoy this place as much as our dear friend seemed to.

Margaret

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Welcome aboard Invitation,

Intet was certainly a major presence around here and he is missed, thats for sure. I hope that you may find your stay here to be one of contentment - All the members here are supergreat.

Best,

CD :tiphat::tiphat::tiphat:

JHC

Chief assistant to the assistant chief
To JHC, Contratrombone and Teddy.

Thank you guys for the warm welcome.

I don´t even think one can explane the music of Pat Metheny as jazz. I have another album of his called "The American garage".

Do you guys think of this album as jazz or a mixture of jazz, rock, blues and something else?

Looks as if you are going to fit in quite well invite "The American garage". was a typo mistake they they missed out the B after R :cheers: