Daniel Jenkyn Jones(1912-1993) - Welsh composer

Mat

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Regulator
Ángel Custodio Loyola(1926-1985) - Venezuelan composer

Ouled Nails

Igor Markevitch -- Ukrainian-born conductor and composer of an oratorio and a ballet. Studied with Nadia Boulanger. Began conducting at the age of 18.

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Eusebius Mandyczewski (1857 - 1929) Ukrainian composer who edited the complete first version of Franz Schubert's works.

Mat

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Regulator
I can't seem to find any composer with 'N', so:

Morfydd Llwyn-Owen(1891-1918) - Welsh composer, mezzo-soprano and pianist.

Ouled Nails

Hey, Corno Dolce, you really puzzle me! On the "change one letter" thread, you persisted in changing more than one letter and then concluded that the game was dead. On this geographical composer thread, where every post is followed by the next letter since the beginning of this very long thread, you follow with the same letter. Honestly, are you dedicated to some kind of sabotage.:crazy:

Corno Dolce

Hi Ouled Nails,

Thank you for inquiring. No, I honestly am not trying to sabotage a thread. If I have caused a problem then its been due to my inattentiveness, not a deliberate act of malfeasance. I shall pay attention to what rules govern which thread that I'm contributing to. I see where I have been at fault.

So, p is the next composer: Alla Pavlova - Ukrainian ( b.1952) - known for her Second Symphony.

Humbly,

Corno Dolce

Last edited:

rojo

(Ret)
Can't find a Q, so on to R-

Levko Mykolayevich Revutsky 1889 -1977. Ukrainian composer, particularly of piano works including sonatas.

Corno Dolce

Vladimir Shainsky (1925 - ) - Known for, amongst others, the song *Russia's Little Corner*.

rojo

(Ret)
Where is he from, CD?

Thomas Tomkins (1572 – June 9, 1656) Welsh-born composer of Cornish origins.

Corno Dolce

I'm so very sorry Ms. RoJo. Vladimir Shainsky is from Ukrainia. Couldn't think of any Ukrainian composers whose last name started with the letter "U".

Artem Vedel, Ukrainian composer (1767 - 1808). Known for his 20 four-part religious concerti.

Cheers,

Corno Dolce

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Grace Williams (1906-1977) Welsh Composer.

Best known for her Fantasia on Welsh Nursery Tunes believed to have been published in the 60's

Corno Dolce

Yakiv Yatsynevych - Ukrainian (1869 - 1945) - Known for *The Bells Rang Early In Jerusalem*.

Mat

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Regulator
And last but not least

Sigismund Vladislavovitch Zaremba (1861-1915)
- Ukrainian composer