Health issues

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Hi Jonesey,

I tried the physio stuff, but it turned into physical torture ... they were totally convinced it was lack of muscle tone and proceeded to mandate exercises for the shoulders that mimicked exactly what I was doing when playing the organ or piano.

When I complained that this physical therapy was supposed to be relieving my pains and not subjecting/causing even more pain, they said "It's all in your head!" I glared at them, didn't utter a word, left and never returned.

Sorry to hear about your shoulder pain ... for me though, it's worth it as I would be totally lost without being capable to play anymore.

========

. . . Do you want know something amazing? My bad tooth quit hurting.
I guess it's finally dead. It doesn't hurt! . . .

Hmmm, you might have it checked anyway by a dentist ... just because it stops hurting doesn't mean that it still can't get infected or abscess which could cause other health issues.

Just make sure that the dentists chair isn't plugged into the wall, or has electrodes or straps ... :rolleyes:.

Last edited:

methodistgirl

Physical therapy is to me torture. Krummhorn have you ever tried a
carpractor. They are a bit different than a physical therapist. It's
more like a massage. I have used one of those after I hurt my
shoulder one time and a creck in my neck too. They can do more
for you than a therapist.
judy tooley

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Hi Judy,

Although I firmly believe in Chiropractic methods, my rotator cuff problems are caused from the cartilage being worn away from the shoulder bone joints ... no amount of chiropractic or physical torture is is going to ever solve that issue.

In my youth years, I had a curved spine that was corrected by chiropractic care. The medical community option was major surgery ... my folks decided upon chiropractic, and I was certainly happy with the results, so I remain a great supporter of chiropractic care.

The only other option is to have shoulder surgery which may or may not render my playing abilities - right now, I'm not willing to take the chance on not being able to play again - The Voltaren takes care of a good amount of the pain, the rest is just "grin and bear it" as I have been doing for the last 15 years.

marval

When my hubby had trouble, he went and had accupuncture. It totally cured it and got rid of the pain.

Margaret

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
I thinks it's ok to discuss health issues on a forum like this, we all talk to each other about life's challenges, but to seek advice is not good. I recommend if you have health issues, go see a qualified medical practitioner (where it be a dentist or GP). My two cents worth.

methodistgirl

Talking to each other is great therpy when you have trouble with some
form of depression or other health issues. I heard this saying. "I was
complaining about my blistered hurting feet when I saw someone with
out feet in a wheelchair.
judy tooley

JONESEY

I agree with CT64 re seeking advice from medical professionals, however it's interesting to know that someone else has the same shoulder pain and is also a Pianist / Organist. I had put my shoulder pain down to years of playing, and like Krummhorn, choosing between shoulder pain and not being able to play is an easy choice.

methodistgirl

I have problems with my neck and shoulders because I lug my guitar
and computer together both in their own case like the guitar and my
computer is in a cloth like case. Neither of the two are really lite.
judy tooley

alexiakl

My eyes are always tired, and I don't see well anymore because I'm a programmer + designer + everything about computers.. **** it's an addiction.

Last edited by a moderator:

C5Says

There is such a thing as medical malpractice...it really happens, and you can only know of experiences when you talk with people who experienced such or know someone who did. Not everything the doc says is good. Sometimes it's only for their pockets, and I know a lot of those that happened.

methodistgirl

Does anybody have trouble with their ankles or feet swelling? I do
right now. Yesturday my ankles were bigger than my little size 6
feet and it throbbed last night.
judy tooley

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Hi Ms. Judy,

Here's a site that you should familiarise yourself with - it can be a real lifesaver when used in conjunction with visits to your family doctor:

http://www.webmd.com/

Cheers,

CD :):):):)

methodistgirl

I think I know what the problem is. I need to throw away the salt shaker
for a while so that I don't retain fluid in my ankles. Thanks Corno!
judy tooley

intet_at_tabe

Rear Admiral Appassionata (Ret.)
CD :tiphat::clap:

Thank you for the link to the site for advice, among other things, on mature sensual open consensual sex with your partner. It cures mostly every human condition, like bad moods. Of course to be in love with someone intensely where the emotion is equal, always comes in first.