It was a cold, and stormy night ...

marval

And folks, you will never guess who was driving the car.

Yes, it was the baby bear, he had had the same dream as the siamese cat. And now he realised that he hadn't eaten the apple pie, he was hungry.

greatcyber

Delighted to see him, the mistress made him a nice bowl of porridge with cream and berries and dabbed some honey on top.

"But before you can eat, dear, you must take the car out of the house and park it in the yard."

marval

The bear took the car outside and parked it.

When he came in his porridge was waiting, oh it smelled so good and it tasted even better. "Where is your mother? asked the cat's mistress. "I don't know," said the baby bear dejectedly. "When I last saw her she had gone to find some food."

"Well," said the cat's mistress, "I will tell you what we will do."

marval

"But, that will have to be tomorrow, because we are very tired. Little baby bear you can sleep in here, because I don't have a spare bed."

Baby bear thanked her and snuggled down for the night. And what a funny dream he had, he kept waking the siamese cat up with his laughing.

marval

I am a bit confused
weird.gif

It keeps changing, I try to keep up but, it is getting harder.

Margaret

methodistgirl

We can't really help it. The plot changes in other stories too. Ever
read the Bible with it's different stories in it?
judy tooley

greatcyber

hee hee @ ...

Akin to Around The World In 80 Days, we've certainly gotten to pretty much everywhere (even different dimensions)! CT - it has been hilarious writing it, but it is hard to keep up, even with myself:alc:? I don't drink, but... so, I'm not sure where to go from here. Had just been typing whatever "popped into my head" but but basically maintaining the theme, albeit getting fantastical.

So,

The bear, no-the cat, didn't get much sleep the night before. The old bag didn't get to have her picnic and the mooching slob who arrived the night before ate pie. But the bear had pie. No, the bear ate the cat. No, the man petted the cat...Yes, that's it! The man petted the cat. The cat purred. Then it turned and swiped him with his claws.

"I didn't tell you you could pet me."

"Nasty minx!" He moaned loudly.

The hag came thumping down the stairs, bitter at having been awakened by the awful moaning.

"Don't bother that cat! You should know better than to disturb a cat! Good Lord, I need me tea."

The mooching man wondered what he had gotten himself into.

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
But, in a sudden flash of inspiration, they all stepped into a nearby Tardis and transported themselves to Paris.

On surveying their new panorama, the cat, the bear, the old hag (and whomever else happend to be present at the time the Tardis took off), saw the Eifel Tower in the distance and surmised they were somewhere in the Latin quarter.

marval

"Bonjour Madame", came a voice "can I help you?"

"My cat," said the lady, old hag or whoever, "he has always wanted to see the view from the top of the Eiffel Tower, but I don't know if they allow animals upp there. The bear and I don't like heights, so we thought we would go and sit outside a cafe, and have some French coffee."

"Well," said the man, "as it happens I have a large bag here, I could put your cat in it and take him up the Eiffel Tower, nobody will know he is in there. Then when we get to the top, he can peep out and see the view. There is a very good cafe just over there, you and the bear could go and have a coffee."

greatcyber

"Oh, I just love the French! Merci, Monsieur. Please be gentle with him."

With that the bag and the bear took a seat outside at a quaint café.

"Deux cafés, s'il vous plait."

The waiter tossed his head to one side and whisked himself away, giving the bear and the lady the once-over.

A block away the stranger who carried the bag with the cat stowed away in it eased his way to the front of the queue at the Nord Tour. (hope that's the right one:) ...) It seemed like only moments went by as he waited with the crowd to pack themselves into the glass elevator. They were ushered in by a young attendant named Claudine.

"Sil vous plait, kindly step to the rear of the coach. It's alright...stand shoulder to shoulder."

The man felt uneasy when the door closed and they rose up the inclined track of the tower. He felt relieved when they arrived at the first platform and the doors opened up. Nobody got off but two more patrons crammed their way inside.

Now rising ever higher and being pushed against the glass by the two new passengers, the man felt the heat rising within him. He had a burning sensation in his mouth. The cat let out a feint meow.

Seeing the man's obvious discomfort, Claudine advised that he might feel better if he turned his back to the glass exterior. He was glad she'd suggested that. But he was thrilled when the car came to a stop at the second level. He bolted out of the door as soon as it started to open and nearly fell on the platform floor in front of the cafeteria.

He decided to get something to drink and have a rest before ascending to the final platform. The cat poked his head out of the bag and asked if he was alright.

"I'm fine now, thank you."

"Good, I'd really like to see Eiffel's apartment upstairs."

The man groaned in agreement and drank some more of the wine split he had purchased.

marval

Unfortunately the man was experiencing a little vertigo. But the wine steadied his nerves, and he felt alright to carry on.

"Meow," said the cat. "Are you ready to go to the top? The view will be breathtaking and all of Paris will be before us."

The man nodded in agreement, and they headed to the lift.
Higher and higher they went, till at last they reached the top.

"We have arrived," said the attendant, "time to get out and admire the view." The man took a deep breath, he wasn't sure he wanted to get out of the lift. "Are you comming or not?" Asked the cat. "I don't think so he replied." "Oh well," said the cat, "it is just me then." And then he jumped out of the bag, in fact he jumped so hard that he leapt over the edge, and plummeted to the ground.

Everyone was horrified, especially the French man. But, what they did not realise was that he was a magic cat.

greatcyber

He was so magic it seems, that he jumped right through the heavy metal mesh installed around the outside platform to stop people doing just what he had done.

When he landed on the ground, he looked up and waved at the man who was peering down at him through one of the telescopes on the viewing platform. Then he disappeared and materialized at the café. "Meow, it was incredible! Now I would like to have a little duck confit."

The snooty waiter went off to place his order.

The café was all abuzz about the strange group of the lady, the bear and the cat. One of the patrons was so taken by the sight that he had the waiter deliver as elegant croque en bouche to the table. It was a magnificent tower of choux pastry piled up high and drizzled in caramel.

"Oh, my...now I really love the French," exclaimed the lady.

"Merci, madame, mais this pastry is compliments of a nice Australian gentleman. He's sitting just there." He pointed out a lone man wearing a Tillie hat. "Do send our regards and ask if he would care to join us," she said to the waiter.

greatcyber

Continuing On...

They took out their camera and snapped a photo of the tower during the day and, for dramatic effect, one in the evening. Unfortunately, the strobes were not working on the tower at the time.

marval

"Hello," said the Australian, "I hope you don't mind my having some food sent to you?"

"Not at all," said the woman, "it was very kind of you." "I couldn't help noticing that you like animals, seeing as you have a cat and a bear with you." said the man, "I run a sanctury for abandoned Kangaroos and Koalas in Australia, maybe you would like to come and visit me sometime, with your animals of course."

The woman was a little confused, it seemed strange that a total stranger would come up to her, and invite her to Australia, He didn't even know her, something told her things were not quite right.

greatcyber

She wanted to talk with him some more and see if her "feelings" were founded or not so she invited him to join them for their repast. He kindly accepted.

"My refuge in Australia is slightly controversial. Many people do not understand or accept what I am trying to accomplish there."

"Controversial?"

"Yes, you see I am also a genetic biologist and do extensive research. My current operation is to see if we can learn to communicate on a more intrinsic level with the animals. Since you seem to have such a good rapport with these animals, I should love to study all you further."

"Oh dear," she murmered. "But these animals are magic.

"I see" . . .

marval

"I couldn't allow you to experiment on them." "But madam it is you I would like to study most," said the Australian. The woman was a little worried about that. Just then a voice called out, "Hello Dr Doolittle, how are you?"

The Australian looked round and greeted an American woman, "Well hello Mrs Bush, how are you?" The two people carried on talking for a little while.

Meanwhile the woman looked at the cat and the bear, and asked them, "How would you like to go to Australia and be studied?" "Humph," said the cat, "I am already magic and can talk. He is not having my powers examined." The bear looked up and said, "Do they have honey in Australia? I like all food, but honey is my favourite."

"Well they do,"said the woman, "But I am not sure that I want to be studied either." The woman put some money on the table, and while the man and Mrs Bush were talking they crept out. "Back to the hotel," said the woman, "We must go and see The Louvre tomorrow.