S.O.S from Iceland

JHC

Chief assistant to the assistant chief
j.h.c.
Public in Iceland doesn't know anything about if any strings are attached or not, the gov. just don't wants to inform the public about anything!

I think all governments are the same, knowledge is power so “keep the peasants in the dark” and the photos are very interesting “A picture is better than a thousand words”

C5Says

Your plight is very depressing, how much more those in Africa? The corruption of the government, I think, is what created the Nigerian scammers more prevalent. The sad part is, there are good, even God-fearing Africans who are but a few yet suffering so greatly.

falcon1

Dear Falcon1,

You are a GrandMaster in photography - Hopefully you are busy honing your craft and expertise even more - Have you ever thought about including excerpts from the rich heritage of Icelandic Sagas into a book containing photos of the Icelandic people, flora, fauna, geography, and architecture? The dramatic coastline and fjords of Iceland are spellbinding.

Humbly,

CD :):):)
Thank you CD. Nope I hadn't thought about that, maybe some scenes/location from the Icelandic sagas?

I agree with CD, you have taken some beautiful photographs. The book idea sounds very interesting, something I am sure you could do.

I hope you get good news soon about the money situation.

Margaret
Thanks Margaret!

I think all governments are the same, knowledge is power so “keep the peasants in the dark” and the photos are very interesting “A picture is better than a thousand words”
Thanks J.H.C.

From today's protests - 8. nóv 2008
8nov_motmaeli_11082008_0100.jpg

8nov_motmaeli_11082008_0163.jpg

8nov_motmaeli_11082008_0179.jpg

8nov_motmaeli_11082008_0189.jpg

8nov_motmaeli_11082008_0241.jpg

8nov_motmaeli_11082008_0291.jpg

8nov_motmaeli_11082008_0589.jpg

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Aloha Falcon1,

Maybe you could take pictures and then quote a caption from the Sagas underneath the picture - A caption that might express in words something in relation to the picture but not necessarily so. This is just an idea I had - it may not be practical with pictures and texts from the Sagas - You, Falcon1 are the artisan - it should be an expression of what and who you are - totally original.

Cheerio,

falcon1

Thank you CD... I will consider your great idea. :)

Here's more photo's from yesterdays protest...

8nov_motmaeli_11082008_0046.jpg

8nov_motmaeli_11082008_0049.jpg

8nov_motmaeli_11082008_0534.jpg

And now a video too:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa4j62gk8aE[/YOUTUBE]

Corno Dolce

Aloha Falcon1,

That was a very moving video you included - Thanx for sharing.

Cheerio,

falcon1

The protests are still peaceful even though people are get more and more angry towards the government and that the people who caused this terrible situation are still in power!

Protests 15. November 2008

[youtube]1THEmIWeegI[/youtube]

You can see my more detailed article about the protest last Saturday and the situation on ireport.com

marval

Hi falcon1,

Thank you for sharing those with us. It is difficult for people outside Iceland to understand what is going on. I can only wish for you a peaceful settlement, and a government that will speak for the people, and help them in this troubled time.

Take care

Margaret

JHC

Chief assistant to the assistant chief
How moving, it goes to show how music can get the message across
I am reminded of The Karelia suite by Sibelius that proved to be a rallying motif for the Finnish people, but great photography coupled with the appropriate music is a real force to be reckoned with, and now with the www the people have tools that our Fathers would be envious of. :cool:

falcon1

Thank you both Margaret and J.H.C.

Margaret, it's very true that the situation is very difficult for people outside of Iceland to understand - Icelanders themselves have problems with that too!

We will get the IMF loan but the same people as got us in this mess in first place is still in power so time is running out for peaceful changes... it would only get us in worse mess to allow those people to be still in power when they will get some billions of USD to gamble with.

J.H.C. yes music and photographs/video is the most powerful combination of them all :)

Thank you all for your support!

marval

Hi falcon1,

It is good that you will get the IMF loan, but as you say with the same people in government, there is no way of telling what they will do with it.

Here's hoping that they come to their senses, and that the Icelandic people can benefit.

Take care

Margaret

falcon1

Hi all, we have now received the first part of several parts of the loan which IMF will give us. However, the situation is still heating up and after last protest several hundred people stormed a police station to try to free one of the more radical protester past weeks. The police used pepper spray to get the protester out of the station but later freed the prisoner which was held illegally!

Protests 22. November 2008

[youtube]5XaD8UtQiSo[/youtube]

falcon1

Here's an update on how the situation in Iceland are progressing...

Unfortunatly not much has been done except putting on currency restrictions which means that I for example can't buy/sell foreign currency anymore. The debts on families are increasing with exceptional speed, the inflation is around 20%. More than 12 thousand people are without jobs, that equals 12 millions in the US.
However, there has not been any food shortage here and the live is still quite "normal" except people are not buying anything today except food and such products.
The people who steered the country to collapse are still in power...

31. December
[youtube]XKctqznV21U[/youtube]

20. January
[youtube]s097s1bbJy8[/youtube]

21. January
[youtube]GlQg9qf3VVw[/youtube]

dll927

Sorry, but I'm getting an earful or eyeful, of blaming Bush for every malady world-wide. Anyone who thinks the president has much to do with controlling the economy is a rank amateur in economics. I think the Bush-haters are working overtime.

Take TIME magazine as a case in point, in case you need to know why people accuse the press of being biased. When Hillary (and her sidekick) were in the White House, TIME had Margaret Carlson, who acted as if the Clintons could do no wrong. With Bush, it's been Joe Klein and that insufferable Michael Kinsley, who thought Bush could do no right. Interesting how they can pick their columnists.

Will some people ever get over thinking GWB stole the presidency? And was he the first president to do what he believed in? As Lincoln said, the world will little note nor long remember what we say here, but let's leave the decisions to the historians, about thirty years from now. Truman wasn't very admired in his day, but then they woke up and realized he actually did some decent things, and he's now considered a decent president.

Please, left-wingers, buzz off until Bam-bam has a chance to REALLY mess things up.

Corno Dolce

The *enthroned one* can mess up again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again...he will not be held accountable by the media, the democrats, or the republicans because that would be racist - He can do no wrong - he is obamassiah...........

dll927

The real question is why anybody wants that job. The press pretty much treats any president about like the lions treated Daniel in the den.

Actually, it wasn't so long ago that the presidency was largely a caretaker position. Call the roll, and many of them, Coolidge, Hoover, etc. sat back and watched the days go by. Teddy Roosevelt and Woodrow Wilson were active presidents, but Taft in between largely sat around and waited to be appointed to the Supreme Court. Needless to say, ask the historians, and FDR is their favorite 20th-century president.

There's always the apocryphal question, Does the man make the times, or do the times make the man? The historians like the first proposition, but not much is going to happen unless it can get by that bunch of pinheads in Congress.

Whether or not criticizing Bam-bam is racist may depend on which half you criticize. He's only half black, so that may even out. There always seems to be a wait-and-see game with a new president, so give him his 100 days, and we'll see how long it takes him to stumble. He didn't make this economic mess (nor did Bush), and he won't solve it single-handed. Meantime, everybody is busy "bailing out" the very jerks who did cause all the problems. JC was probably right when He warned about the money-changers

Last edited:

Corno Dolce

Aloha dll927,

I am color-blind as it is. Any critique of pharoah hussein's decrees will be construed as racist - If you're black and critique him, then you're an *Uncle Tom* and a sell-out. If you're a *Whitey* and critique him, then you're a neo-nazi. Welcome to the 21st century!

Humbly,

CD :tiphat::tiphat::tiphat:

As a British person who very much admires and respects the Icelandic people I can only say how deeply I regret their shameful treatment from unaccountable elites (both in the UK and in Iceland) since these troubles began.

Here in the UK this nation is also about to reap what it has sowed and I do hope people will be as active in insisting on accountability here as the Icelandic people have been. Ordinary people matter.

Goodwill and best wishes !

Robert

The *enthroned one* can mess up again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again...he will not be held accountable by the media, the democrats, or the republicans because that would be racist - He can do no wrong - he is obamassiah...........

This is right C.D.,

And just how much money was spent by both sides in the recent election ?

New figureheads change very little, of course. Especially when the leadership is now supported by a virtual dynasty of former leaders in similar positions.

Who would have imagined political dynasties, yes dynasties, could become an integral part of the great USA ?

God help us !!