S.O.S from Iceland

dll927

Good riddance. CD, you're right about being damned if you do and cursed if you don't. I tend to take the view that my life is not going to be much changed by whoever is sitting in the Pale Building. I remember when RMN won in 1968, another teacher at school was walking around looking as if the world had come to an end. I asked him just how much he expected to be influenced, and he didn't know how to reply. (That teacher soon took a leave, and the principal made it clear he was NOT coming back to the school.)

I'm one of those who don't have much regard for politicians of any stripe, local, national, or anything in between. Clinton spent his first term running for the second term and the second term running for cover. So don't put too much faith in any of them.

Bush will not go down in history as one of our better presidents, but whether signing a lot of "executive orders" to un-do everything Bush did may be open to question too.

Much ink has been spilled saying that the 'founding fathers' did not see the rise of political parties. The first case was Thomas Jefferson, the "anti-federalist", who won in 1800 after twelve years of the "federalist" Washington and Adams the First. (This was the first case of father and son -- John Quincy Adams served from 1825-1829). We've been living with parties ever since, and whatever good they may do, they also serve to pretty much prevent progress.

Co-incidence: Jefferson and Adams the First died on the same day - July 4th, 1826. This was the 50th anniversary of the Declaration of Independence, which both had signed, and both had been presidents.

Last edited:

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Aloha Mr. Newman - Aloha dll927,

The Founding Fathers are spinning in their graves with all the life-timers that are Congress and Senate critters. God help crush these political dynasties and banish them from the face of this earth - They are the Sickness unto Death!!!