The Jokes Thread

teddy

Duckmeister
I dialled a number and got the following recording:
"I am not available right now, but thank you for caring enough to call.
I am making some changes in my life.
Please leave a message after the
Beep. If I do not return your call,
You are one of the changes."

teddy

Dorsetmike

Murphy drops some buttered toast on the kitchen floor. It lands butter-side-up.

He looks at what he has done in astonishment, for he knows it’s a law of nature that buttered toast always fallsbutter-down.

He rushes round to the presbytery to fetch the priest.

He tells the priest that he thinks a miracle has happened round at his flat. He won’t say what it is but wants Fr Flannagan to see it with his own eyes.

He brings Fr Flannagan into the kitchen and asks him what he sees on the floor.

“Well,” says the priest, “it’s pretty obvious what we have here. Someone dropped some buttered toast, and then for some reason flipped it over so that the butter was on top.”

“No, Father, I dropped it and it landed like that.”

“Well,” Fr Flannagan says, “it’s certainly a natural law of the universe that dropped toast never falls butter side up. But it’s not for me to say it’s a miracle. I’ll report the matter to the bishop, and have him send people round, to interview you, take photos, etc.”

An investigation of some rigour is conducted, not only by priests of the archdiocese, but by scientists sent from the Curia in Rome. The final ruling is a negative, however. it reads:

"It was certainly an extraordinary event that occurred in Murphy’s room, quite outside the normal run of the phenomena. Yet we have to be very cautious before ruling any happening miraculous, ruling out all possible natural explanations. In this case we have declared no miracle. For it possibly resulted from Murphy's having buttered the toast on the wrong side."

Dorsetmike

Did you know that no dictionary has been able to adequately explain the
difference between COMPLETE and FINISHED.

However, at a recent conference held in London, and attended by
some of the best linguists in the world, Samsundar Balgobin, a Guyanese, was
the clear winner. His final challenge was this:

Some say there is no difference between COMPLETE and FINISHED.

Please explain the difference between "COMPLETE and FINISHED" in a way that
is easy to understand.

Mr. Balgobin's response:

"When you marry the right woman, you are COMPLETE.

But if you marry the wrong woman, you are FINISHED.

And when the right woman catches you with the wrong woman, you are COMPLETELY FINISHED!"

His answer was received with a standing ovation lasting over 5 minutes.

teddy

Duckmeister
I find that as I grow older my mind doesn't just wander. Sometimes it buggers off entirely!

teddy

Dorsetmike

We'd noticed ......................................................
blush%5E_%5Earial%5E_%5E0%5E_%5E0%5E_%5ETONGUE%20IN%20CHEEK%5E_%5E.gif

Dorsetmike

Cultural discussion:- (adjust nationalities to suit your point of view - historical accuracy not gauranteed!)

A Greek and a Scotsman were sitting in a café discussing who had the superior culture.

Over triple lattes the Greek guy says, "Well we Greeks built the Parthenon" and he arched his eyebrows.

The Scotsman replies, "Well.....it was the Scots that discovered the Summer and Winter Solstices."

The Greek retorts, "We Greeks gave birth to advanced mathematics."

The Scotsman, nodding in agreement says, "Scots were the ones who built the first timepieces and calendars."

And so it went on until the Greek comes up with what he thinks will end the discussion........

With a flourish of finality he says, "The Greeks were the ones who invented sex!"

The Scotsman replies, "Aye, that is true, but it was we Scots who introduced it to the women!"

teddy

Duckmeister
Being an old romantic I booked a table for our wedding anniversary, but it ended in tears.

I thought she liked snooker!

teddy

Dorsetmike

Ebay warning:

Be careful what you buy on eBay.

If you buy stuff on line, check out the seller carefully.

A friend has just spent £95 on an enlarger for part of the male anatomy.

He received a magnifying glass.

The only instruction said, "Do not use in direct sunlight."

Last edited:

Dorsetmike

The last kiss

Back on July 9th, a group of Pekin , Illinois bikers were riding west on I-74 when they saw a girl about to jump off the Murray Baker Bridge . So they stopped.

George, their leader, a big burly man of 53, gets off his Harley, walks through a group of gawkers, past the State Trooper who was trying to talk her down off the railing, and says,
"Hey Baby.....whatcha doin' up there on that railin'?"

She says tearfully, "I'm going to commit suicide!!"

While he didn't want to appear "sensitive," George also didn't want to miss this "be-a-legend" opportunity either so he asked ..."Well, before you jump, Honey-Babe...why don't you give ole George here your best last kiss?"

So, with no hesitation at all, she leaned back over the railing and did just that ... and it was a long, deep, lingering kiss followed immediately by another even better one.

After they breathlessly finished, George gets a big thumbs-up approval from his biker-buddies, the onlookers, and even the State Trooper, and then says,

"Wow! That was the best kiss I have ever had, Honey! That's a real talent you're wasting, Sugar Shorts. You could be famous if you rode with me. Why the hell are you committing suicide?"

"My parents don't like me dressing up like a girl."

It's still unclear whether she jumped or was pushed.

teddy

Duckmeister
Went to see the Doctor the other day and he prescribed me some medication. The pharmacist told me to put them in my back passage. Well, I live in a flat??????

teddy

teddy

Duckmeister
I had water on the knee. The Doctor gave me a tap.

I went again with excessive wind, and he gave me a kite.

teddy

Dorsetmike

Verbosity

If there was still a shred of doubt the world is totally insane, this should remove it:-

Only Divine intervention can now restore us to sanity !
This says it all…….

Pythagoras' Theorem: .........................24 words.
Lord's Prayer: .......................................... 66 words.
Archimedes' Principle: .................................67 words.
Ten Commandments: .......................................179 words.
Gettysburg Address: ................................................286 words.
US Declaration of Independence : ..............................1,300 words.
US Constitution with all 27 Amendments: ........................7,818 words.
EU Regulations on the Sale of CABBAGES: ..................26,911 words

JHC

Chief assistant to the assistant chief
I have noticed that some posters use 500 words when their message could be delivered in 25 max verbal diarrhoea it used to be called.

teddy

Duckmeister
You can now get a medicine to help you relax and sleep, and its maid from cats, its called

CATOTONIC

teddy

Dorsetmike

Paris art theft

A thief in Paris planned to steal some Paintings from the Louvre.

After careful planning, he got past security, stole the paintings,
and made it safely to his van.

However, he was captured only two blocks away when his van ran out of gas.

When asked how he could mastermind such a crime and then make such an
obvious error, he replied, 'Monsieur, that is the reason I stole the
paintings.'

I had no Monet

To buy Degas

To make the Van Gogh.'

---------------

See if you have De Gaulle to send this on to someone else.

I sent it to you because I figured I had nothing Toulouse ..