Totally useless facts ...

Muza

Kids and adults find a lot of animals adorable that can be vicious - such as different kids of cats. I think, first of all, they just look so cute, and secondly - kids and most adults probably have zoos and tv as the only source of exposure to those animals - and you cant really get to see much of an animal in the zoo.
It was news to me too that koalas can be vicious animals, cause I only saw them once in a zoo cage, where they were peacefully sitting on a tree, munching on something and looking cute. :crazy:

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
Cats are interesting, I've lived with a few over the years and I am, I guess, a cat person. Though dogs are adorable, except when they've licked their dots and then jumped up and lick your face ...

Back to cats. My mother (who sadly died of cancer about four years ago) and I had a siamese "Miss Bits" (who died of diabetes at the same time, both of them showed very bad timing). She was a seal point. Very smart, very kind and adored mum and I (she had good taste). However, I was top of the pecking order, then came Miss Bits and finally mum. So, consequently, mum got bashed up, scratched and bitten but I didn't! LOL

Muza

What a lovely story, CT ;)
I am a cat person as well, though I adore all animals. I like how they behave, and I often behave in similar ways ;). When I was a kid, I used to bring homeless kittens from street home, and then my mom would yell at me, but the kitten would end up staying anyways, lols. My mom doesnt really like having animals, but all our animals always loved mom and would jump on her lap and stuff :grin: it was very cute.

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Hi CT64,

I shant be *ribbing* you about your typos anymore since I myself have committed many a typo on this hallowed forum.

Humbly,

CD :tiphat::tiphat::tiphat::tiphat:

marval

After studying it for 47 days, the New York Museum of Modern Art discovered that the Matisse painting Le Bateau was hanging upside down.

Margaret

marval

Hi Muza

I don't know how they didn't notice.

I bet there were some red faces when they found out.

Margaret

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Clarification: those *water holes* are called "cenotes" - certain gods were appeased when live human sacrifices were thrown into them. What a barbaric religion!

Last edited:

methodistgirl

You are exactly right and now visitors get to swim in those. Believe
me I wouldn't dare do that. I would do well to swim
in a three foot deep swimming pool from Walmart!
judy tooley

marval

Hi Intet

It depends when you were there, they put it right after 47 days. You would think someone would have noticed.

Margaret

marval

The phrase "rule of thumb" is derived from an old English law which stated that you couldn't beat your wife with anything wider than your thumb.

Some say it is just folklore.