Totally useless facts ...

marval

Hi CT

That sounds lovely, I really like duck, especally with an orange sauce.

Just don't tell Daffy.

Margaret

Muza

Outrageous!:mad: but funny ;)

TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters only on one row of the keyboard.

marval

Hi Muza

I usually swat the fly away before I listen to it's humming, so I've never thought about what key it is in.

A useless but interesting fact.

Margaret

marval

The longest word in a William Shakespeare play was honorificabillitudinitatibus

Try saying that after a night out.

Margaret

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
My favourite Welsh place name (I can even say it as my friend Eileen ... a Welshy ... spent considerable effort training me to recit it parrot fashion).

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Hi CT64,

Oh yes - Its that fancy name for a hamlet in Wales, England whose residents are happy just to hear "Llanfair" :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

Cheers,

CD :tiphat::tiphat::tiphat::tiphat:

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
Hate to be a pedant but Wales is most certainly not in England, I think you should have typed "the British Isles ..."?

Hi CT64,

Oh yes - Its that fancy name for a hamlet in Wales, England whose residents are happy just to hear "Llanfair" :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

Cheers,

CD :tiphat::tiphat::tiphat::tiphat:

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Hi CT64,

Yes, true, but Wales has MP's in London so therefore I have considered Wales to be a part of England and that Henry V a proud Welshman he, fought for England. Yes, I understand that the Welsh want to separate themselves from the ninny's in London, just like the Scots who, imho, have even more of a cause. But, in due time there shall be a parting of ways, hopefully amicably.

Cheers,

CD :tiphat::tiphat::tiphat:

marval

Well I am English, but I wouldn't mind being separated from the ninnys in London.

We always shorten that long name to Lanfairpg, much easier to say.

Margaret