What is your favorite drink?

methodistgirl

What did you guys have for a sunday brunch this Easter?
Right now I'm trying out an oriental dinner I made up by
myself made with shredded hash browns,green beans,
carrots, and mushrooms with a splash of soy sauce. Yum!
judy tooley

Last edited:

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
I had Moonfish - lightly broiled with lime butter and an herbal seasoning, plus a tropical fruitsalad and a good white wine.

methodistgirl

Here in Kentucky our two catches of fish are bass and catfish. I never
had moonfish. I've had cod and crab but not moonfish. Other than
that I like salmon cakes.
judy tooley

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
What did you guys have for a sunday brunch this Easter? . . .

A very standard, yet delicious, serving of spaghetti and meatballs with homemade sauce. We prepare everything from scratch ... only use the "box" stuff for Rice Pilaff when we have Salmon.

intet_at_tabe

Rear Admiral Appassionata (Ret.)
A very standard, yet delicious, serving of spaghetti and meatballs with homemade sauce. We prepare everything from scratch ... only use the "box" stuff for Rice Pilaff when we have Salmon.

Right you are Master Krummhorn - Bascetti, like my very young son pronounced it years ago, he couldn´t say Spagetti.

Spagetti and meatballs with homemade sauce prepared the Italian way. I LOVE it. It´s cheep and easy to make, depending if you want the standard meal or the intet,- prepared luxurious meal. This family of mine always when asked what they wanted if they themselves could deside, like a choir in one voice - Spagetti and meatballs with grated cheese equals parmasan cheese for the sublime finish - the extra kick.

The best part of preparing and eating spagetti and meatballs, is the next day when the rest of the meal from yesterday has spent the night in the fridge. You simply warm it up everything mixed. Delicious - most addictive.

I salute you Master Krummhorn on your choice.

It does seem to me though, that we got off track from the headline - about the most preferred drinks. But then, what is a hero without food - in particular Italian food.

Last edited:

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Hi Intet,

Mmmmmm - Italian Food - I'm in Heaven then...

Back on topic: A glass with 50/50 chilled Bailey's Irish Creme and Godiva Chocolate Liqueur with one large icecube...

Cheers,

CD :):):):)

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
. . . It does seem to me though, that we got off track from the headline - about the most preferred drinks. But then, what is a hero without food - in particular Italian food.

Good point ... so I'll add a bottle of Arizona Sunset (a wine made by a local vintner [Gordon Dutt] whose winery is in Elgin (AZ) where the climate and ground is so similar to the wine country in France) ... We go to the vineyards a couple times a year to refresh our supply of table wines.

marval

Well wine is not my favourite drink, but I am feeling a little mellow at the moment after a wine tasting. Rose is my favourite wine.

So now I am drinking water to settle me down.

Margaret

methodistgirl

I;m still here enjoying a cup of coffee reading about you guys drink a
bit of wine to relax. I just got home from wednesday night live at
church. I wished I had something to go with my coffee about now.
judy tooley

methodistgirl

Ahh, a trap to catch "moonshiners" perhaps?
The police here is just that crocked. One time I heard of the police
waiting outside to raid the night club. All the people were doing was
playing a little poker and drinking a little beer. One of them was a
lady whom one of the cops grabbed and emptied her perce to find
drugs. All she had was asprin and he arrested her for having a
dangerious drug. I was the one who gave her the asprin.
judy tooley

intet_at_tabe

The police here is just that crocked. One time I heard of the police
waiting outside to raid the night club. All the people were doing was
playing a little poker and drinking a little beer. One of them was a
lady whom one of the cops grabbed and emptied her perce to find
drugs. All she had was asprin and he arrested her for having a
dangerious drug. I was the one who gave her the asprin.
judy tooley

Ms. Judy

That´s what I call a personal story from an eye-witness. Are the Police in Kentucky always like this? I mean, are drugs on night clubs or bars used freequently by customers, who drink beers, wine or swallow shots as well? Sort of a mixed abuse, if you like?

methodistgirl

Like some of the states here in the union, Kentucky has a drug problem
that is getting really bad. Meth labs are heard about everytime I pick
up the local newspaper. That's the reason I told this Methodist joke
at one time.
judy tooley

Muza

A few years ago, a big University where my brother works was closed down, cause some chemistry students decided to use the lab to make meth...its kinda funny and creepy all at the same time! Its crazy cause the problem hit so close to home!

intet_at_tabe

Like some of the states here in the union, Kentucky has a drug problem
that is getting really bad. Meth labs are heard about everytime I pick
up the local newspaper. That's the reason I told this Methodist joke
at one time.
judy tooley

Ms. Judy

So what you´re saying is that it´s a fact people with chemical skills simply make the drugs privately in local Meth labs? Then, I do understand if the Police always have their eyes and ears open.

In the city close to where I live called Aalborg, they have one street called (in english) - The street of the virgin Ane. In Danish - Jomfru Ane Gade.

It is like a magnet this particular street, drawing teenagers from thursday to sunday from all over the northern Jutland to drink and abuse drugs, often sold in some of these restaurents in this particular street or youngsters, who bring Ecstacy or other chemicals into the street, where there are no other shops or buisnesses but bars, drinking clubs and discotheques.

Also this particular street in the biggest city of the nothern Denmark is known for it´s violence. With drugs and alcohol, violence is an unhealthy but unfortunately always present "friend", whenever people abuse drugs and alcohol. Not long ago a 17 years old boy got knife-stabbed and died from his wounds at the hospital, leaving his parents and friends with no explanation other than what the Police said: An innocent victim in a drugs deal gone sauer. He was at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Drugs and relentless abuse of alcohol seems to be the worst enemy of the western world for the past 40 years, because it often concern teenagers, who go to school, whose life haven´t realy yet started.

Post this last killing of a teenager the Police patrol in this area during thursday to sunday, with the right to stop anyone in this small area in Aalborg, and then search everyone from the feet to the ears for weapons, mostly knives and drugs as well.

Last edited:

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
Judy - my favourite alcoholic drink is Sparkling wine (preferably Brut).
my favourite non-alcoholic drink is water (tap, sparkling, mineral, soda, whatever).

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Squash is aka a "cordial" ... a beverage popular in other parts of the world.
Squashes are common in the UK according to .