What machine or technology has made the biggest difference in the world?

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
And there will be people who have no interest in living in big cities like Paris, New York, London, Los Angeles, Chicago, Moscow, Shanghai, Hong Kong, or Berlin. We can't reasonably expect that full 24 hour seven day/week train and bus service be extended to outlying areas. And it is unreasonable to expect that people give up their personal modes of vehicular transportation.

Lets get back to the thread topic, ok? I will posit that air travel has made very much difference because it has broken the isolational/isolationist tendencies of people the world over. Yes, the internet has done very much the same but internet can only go so far in revealing things about other peoples and cultures. For that revealing one must travel to the foreign location.

Mat

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Regulator
As a flashoholic - the flashlight, I'd say :grin::grin::grin::lol:

And the electricity.

Corno Dolce

Oh my goodness - Mat is a *flasher* - Don't tell me...another *Lester the Molester*.

Mat

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Regulator
No offence taken. What would life be without a pinch of humour?

Mat

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Regulator
Obviously, they're not out of the closet yet

Corno Dolce

True...He stands guard by the side of the door with his Katana at the ready to, in one fell swoop, slice off the head and cut in half any skeleton that appears.

sunwaiter

what about clocks? i often wonder how people reacted when they saw the first small-sized one, i mean a watch. it always appeared so complex to me.

Mat

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Regulator
Hmm, food slicer?

According to the saying: "...the best thing since sliced bread"

:grin::grin::grin:

marval

I have noticed that nobody has mentioned the dentist's drill. So I shan't mention it either (oops too late.)
Ashamed.gif
Ashamed.gif

Not sure if this could be classed as a machine, but I am pleased to have a modern toilet instead of a hole in the ground.

Margaret

Mat

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Regulator
Ah, the toilet. One of so many underestimated inventions...