What musical instruments do you have?

methodistgirl

I might as well add another instrument to the list of what I all ready
have. Although I play two of them at church. I play the handbells
now at church.
judy tooley

JHC

Chief assistant to the assistant chief
My Double Bass was sold quite a few years ago as were other instruments, what I have left in my retirement are: 1 Clarinet, 1 Violin, 1 baroque flute, 1 std flute, 1 treble recorder and a plastic descant recorder which I just can‘t throw away, do I still play them ??? No

Who wants to come tune my piano for me? i keep putting it off...that's the most boring thing in the world! blah.. I'm gonna have to do it soon though..
frown.gif

what kinda pianos and stuff do you guys all have? i have an acoustic guitar (a lauren), an electric guitar (a jackson), a classical guitar (can't figure out what this one says on the sticker), an acoustic bass guitar (a fender), and my piano's a conover cable company that's about to turn 100 in a year, my grandma bought it a long time ago and made me learn how to play it or else i wasn't allowed to get any other instrument...so i can play that best of all
wink.gif
hehehe

[EDIT: changed title]

Hello there!
Here are the instruments i own:

1) A Piano (Upright Glass Heilbronn hand made 100 years old approx)
2) A digital Pipe organ (Content Mondri 5800)
3) An Acoustic Guitar
4) A Recorder
5) An Alto Flute
6) A Japanese thing (don't remember its name :p)
7) A Toumberleki (A Greek kind of drum lets say)
8) A Pan Flute
9) A 2 manual Synthesizer (Roland AT-15)

Montefalco

These are the instruments I have at my house (not all of them owned by me)
Upright Piano (Kawai)
Two recorders
Clarinet
Two fifes

teddy

Duckmeister
A beautiful old rosewood upright piano, two acostic guitars- one spanish, two violins - one electric. I have no aptitude at all but enjoy trying to play classical guitar.

teddy

Montefalco

What I'd really like to have is some sort of grand piano, possibly a Steinway, but sadly, it wouldn't fit into my house or my budget.

JHC

What I'd really like to have is some sort of grand piano, possibly a Steinway, but sadly, it wouldn't fit into my house or my budget.

My sister in law has a Baby Grand I don't know the brand but it sounds good

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
I've never played or heard a baby grand that I liked, they have a certain woosey quality. In fact, a top of the line upright is a better deal in many ways.

Montefalco

I have played on a few baby grands, and maybe one or two concert grands. The baby grands are good if you want to get a lot of loud passages, however I think that concert grands can capture a larger range of dynamics, and with a nicer tonal quality than the babies. Uprights capture a good range of dynamics, and have a nice tonal quality as well, however they can capture quieter dynamics, unlike concert grands which capture louder dynamics.

JHC

I've never played or heard a baby grand that I liked, they have a certain woosey quality. In fact, a top of the line upright is a better deal in many ways.

I do agree a good upright can sound excellent, one of our local music group had his Boesendorfer sent over from S.A and it is a beauty:)

chippica

I own piano (Schlögl ), clavinova Yamaha, and I am collecting little drums, flutes, ect. because I want to open music school for little kids ( 3-6 years) so they can be introduce to music as soon as possible.
It would be a great game for them and also a good way to learn something while they are playing and maybe it could help them to decide what instrument to play in the future.

JHC

I own piano (Schlögl ), clavinova Yamaha, and I am collecting little drums, flutes, ect. because I want to open music school for little kids ( 3-6 years) so they can be introduce to music as soon as possible.
It would be a great game for them and also a good way to learn something while they are playing and maybe it could help them to decide what instrument to play in the future.

Try a few Ukuleles the kids will love em

Montefalco

which I believe is nicknamed the didgeredont
Only if it's played badly :grin:
When I went to Italy a few years ago, I saw someone busking on the didgeridoo. They obviously hadn't mastered the method of breathing needed to play it properly, because they were very red in the face from breathing out so hard. However, they had amazing breath control, because they were able to play for minutes on end without breathing.