What's your favorite season of the year?

Favorite Season of the Year

• Summer

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Fall

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Winter

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Spring

Votes: 10 41.7%

• Total voters

Ouled Nails

I'm hearing some pretty nasty weather news about the top temperature in your area, Krummhorn (116 F. in Phoenix). Hope all is well. Imagine how people would fare in such an environment without electricity! Who said that oil was a most critical source of energy? Let's just keep the electric power going...

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
You guys are kidding yourselves if you think you've done hot ... try visiting central Australia in mid-summer ... as to cold. You beat us hands down (and you can have it).

My favourite - Autumn [fall] ('cause it's the end of the hideous and humid Sydney summers)

toejamfootball

You guys are kidding yourselves if you think you've done hot ... try visiting central Australia in mid-summer ... as to cold. You beat us hands down (and you can have it).

My favourite - Autumn [fall] ('cause it's the end of the hideous and humid Sydney summers)

so Sydney summers rival Phoenix Temps with Humidity as well!? ouch. :eek:

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
I'm hearing some pretty nasty weather news about the top temperature in your area, Krummhorn (116 F. in Phoenix). Hope all is well. Imagine how people would fare in such an environment without electricity! Who said that oil was a most critical source of energy? Let's just keep the electric power going...

Hi, ON ...

It was 110 in Tucson on July 4th ... got our first thunderstorm of the season yesterday (Thur) and looking North, the mountain range (about 5 miles away) is totally obscured from view encased in dark storm clouds, and another storm front is moving in from the SW from Mexico.

There is a nuclear generating plant southwest of Phoenix, and of course the water propelled generators at Hoover Dam that supply us with electricity. If we can keep the morons from hitting the local power poles, we will be ok. :rolleyes:

Contratrombone64,
I'll pass on planning a visit to Central Australia, Cb64 ... nooo thanks - I've heard about the relentless heat there. What are the winters like there?

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
No not currently, My brother works in Heating and Cooling and makes good money.. but I have mild Cerebral Palsy and am not one for physical labor. The only thing I want to do in my life is play music, but seeing as how I probably wont get paid for it, I am trying to find a good field I am interested in.

Are there certain "Hot Jobs" In Arizona right now? I wouldnt mind doing something in computers.

Hi Toejamfootball,

There's this Yahoo Phoenix Hot Job Link that may be of help. You can narrow down your search criteria to specific catagories.

There is always the possibility of joining a band after yo move - since you play bass - and getting some gigs, maybe.

Frederik.Sjölund

Regulator
I like Summer because its warm and nice.
I like Fall because its very inspirational and rainy.
I like Spring because it kills the winter.

Sybarite

I appreciate all the seasons – but I love summer; being able to strip off and enjoy the feeling of the air and the sun on my skin is utter bliss.

methodistgirl

Here in Kentucky we had what I call an Arizona summer when it gets
up to 105 and it did this past summer. Even though I cooked in this
weather, I don't like the winters of Kentucky sometimes it can get
down to just 2 degrees. It did last winter and I thought I would just
freeze with two heaters going and my kitchen oven to try to keep
warm. Brrr!:(
judy tooley

Mahlon

i likey summer, its nice, I love swimming in my pool, and of course at the beach, its awesomeee especially with no school!

Muza

I like summers warms, colors, lazyness. Mostly i think what makes summer so appealing to me are all the associations with summer - summer vacation/break/camp/beach, etc.

I really love fall however. Melancholic, poetic, romantic - its like food for soul. There is nothing that brings you in touch with yourself more than a nice walk in the fall park, full of autumn leaves on a brisk day or sitting in front of the window on a rainy day, wrapped in a blanket and sipping on warm tea......

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
I love Spring because you experience the Orgasm of Creation - all the flowers starting to bloom, the leaves springing forth on the trees, the cheery twittering of the birds that come with the warmer breezes.

methodistgirl

Corno, I call it resurraction or something like that. I like spring too because
I know that summer is on it's way with the birds singing, flowers blooming,
the trees flower and bloom. That is the closest thing to heaven I can
experience here on earth.
judy tooley

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Hi Sybarite,

Excellent retort, if I may say so :D:D:D
I was thinking more about the bliss of parents when they hold their baby in their arms for the first time.

Cheers,

Corno Dolce

intet_at_tabe

Rear Admiral Appassionata (Ret.)
I voted for spring time. Spring is the time of year, when the days get longer, when the light increase from early in the morning, when the temperature increases and everything growing from the soil, or on bushes and trees will reappear reborn and new in plenty fresh kaleidoscopic colours.

In this scandinavian country Denmark it´s never a matter of not tooooooo much rain during fall and winter. In spring time in this country you can feel the hope among the population and people you meet in your every day life. Only watch their faces, what they wear and how they act - smiling.

We all expect a forthcoming summer with lots of sunny hours with no clouds in the sky, plenty leisure time with our family, kids and friends, and the first barbaque parties begin during spring time.

Spring remove all the wet and humid hours during the winter. Results, we live more in the spring time.

Nice thread Mr. Krummhorn.

C5Says

We only have two seasons...hot and hotter. :D

Anyway, I love every season as each brings opportunity to live each, a day at a time, with differing experiences, lessons learned, blessings counted. :)

methodistgirl

I notice the least liked season was winter. I hate this cold weather!
The lucky devil that I know of right now is in Florida where it is nice
and warm year around. I think it's even in the seventies right now
where he is at. This is the preacher we lost this month by him moving
to a better call.
judy tooley

C5Says

I notice the least liked season was winter. I hate this cold weather!
The lucky devil that I know of right now is in Florida where it is nice
and warm year around. I think it's even in the seventies right now
where he is at. This is the preacher we lost this month by him moving
to a better call.
judy tooley

Try coming over to the Philippines! :)
Choose your season: hot or hotter? :D