Are you weird?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alban Berg

Banned
This will be an unpopular thread because many people don't want to recognize THEY ARE REALLY WEIRD!

Nerds be welcome.

I am really weird. 1% of the people I know like my music...

BUT if you confess you are weird, here you will certainly find some friends.

Martin

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
All the kids I went through school with thought I was weird. I was known as "that kid who likes long haired music." I couldn't help who I was ... I was reared in an all classical music home, we all played an instrument, and would often play music in the evenings.

White Knight

Spectral Warrior con passion
Lars, in line with what you posted, my best friend in junior high loved classical music and played the violin, and played it very well. As we were both Jews in a predominately Christian neighborhood school and he wore glasses and looked weak, I at times had to help him fight off other kids who thought he was weird. I, on the other hand, played drums--not very well, I might add--and "looked" more Italian than he {no glasses and non-reddish hair et.al}. So I know quite well what being typecast as weird or different can mean--especially in the minds and actions--of those doing the "judging!"
That's a life lesson that I'm sure my friend--and definitely myself--will never forget until the day we die.

Last edited:

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
That brings up memories ... from Junior High, when I was the accompanist. The son of my piano teacher was labeled a "sissy" for playing the cello. And for the guys who played the violin, it was even worse.

In High School it wasn't as bad as the younger years. I was the accompanist for all the choral groups for 4 years running and had a blast. The non-musicians still thought I was a little weird though.

White Knight

That brings up memories ... from Junior High, when I was the accompanist. The son of my piano teacher was labeled a "sissy" for playing the cello. And for the guys who played the violin, it was even worse.

In High School it wasn't as bad as the younger years. I was the accompanist for all the choral groups for 4 years running and had a blast. The non-musicians still thought I was a little weird though.

Lars, that term "sissy" really does ring a bell. Did you grow up and go to school in New York as well?

Alban Berg

Banned
LOL

All the kids I went through school with thought I was weird. I was known as "that kid who likes long haired music." I couldn't help who I was ... I was reared in an all classical music home, we all played an instrument, and would often play music in the evenings.

THANK you , I feel less lonely now! LOL

Martin

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Lars, that term "sissy" really does ring a bell. Did you grow up and go to school in New York as well?

Worse ... Garden Grove, Southern California :lol: ... in a coastal community, well 10 miles from the coast anyway.

Alban Berg

Banned
well

I am a Jew too...In Argentina that was a problem (they aren't "loved"), here in Canada is better...

I started at 4 taking piano lessons...My dear father (who's rolling over his grave) cut my lessons...saying they weren't important...At 12 he accepted again and at 13 he cut that again. BUT my teacher a young dodecaphonic music lover initiated me to that kind of music. At 14 I started loving Schönberg, Berg and Webern...Imagime all my friends love them too....LOL. I bought Lulu when I was 14-15. And Wozzeck two weeks after.

Martin, weird.

teddy

Duckmeister
I was know as strange. Partly the music I listened to, and partly because of my personality. I revel in it.

teddy

Alban Berg

Banned
You can

You're right, Martin. Sorry about that. I'll stand aside then. :banghead:

You can participate, you're cordially invited! But please do not say that you have initiated this thread ...this wouldn't be fair...

Verb to be weird.

I am weird
You are weird
He is weird
(no she until now)
We are weird
You are weird
They are weird.

Are men weirder than women?

Martin, curious

White Knight

Martin, just to clarify a point. When I said I was a founding member, I wasn't claiming or referring to starting this thread. No, that's all yours! What I was referring to was being looked upon as "weird" for a lot of my life because of the neighborhood in which I grew up {all Christian except for my family}. So what I alluded to was merely the club mentioned in your 13:52 hour post. I have never stolenanything from anybody in my life--and I don't intend to start now. . Again, what I meant is that I am an original member of the club, not the originator of this thread. Unless--of course--you started that as well. In that case then, I give up!

Dorsetmike

[pedant mode on] Martin, error in second person singular, should be thou art wierd [/pedant mode off]

(Takes off nit picking hat)

Alban Berg

Banned
My dear friend

Martin, just to clarify a point. When I said I was a founding member, I wasn't claiming or referring to starting this thread. No, that's all yours! What I was referring to was being looked upon as "weird" for a lot of my life because of the neighborhood in which I grew up {all Christian except for my family}. So what I alluded to was merely the club mentioned in your 13:52 hour post. I have never stolenanything from anybody in my life--and I don't intend to start now. . Again, what I meant is that I am an original member of the club, not the originator of this thread. Unless--of course--you started that as well. In that case then, I give up!
=============================================
Don't worry..I understand your point...I was born in Argentina, my father was British, my mother French...Do you think French and British get along well together?, of course not...They divorced when I was 7 years old. I went to a Scottish school...Every day we ate French food except the week-end: roast beef and yorkshire poudding...I was different, I had asthma, then I was different again, I liked classical music, different again...I start having *** with girls at 14 years old, different again...I have always loved caviar and champagne, different again....I don't like pizza nor pasta, different again...I am a Jew, different again...I have never been to a sinagogue, different again....I don't like to live, I am tired of living, different again

Then...I think I will die as everybody else! No different anymore!

Martin

White Knight

Martin, please take it easy. Just being human beings, there will always be differences among people--even those of the same religion, country etc. etc. I think we should all try to enjoy our lives to the fullest while we're here, because in the final analysis it's always too short for all of us!

JHC

Chief assistant to the assistant chief
I am not or ever have been wired I am perfectly a la natural every one likes me and thinks I am the great bonzo gozalio, boomarang

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Hey, we all like ya, Colin ... you are appreciated and loved here, even if you are the Great Bonzo Gozalio :lol: (whatever that is) :nut:

Status
Not open for further replies.