Do you have trouble with holidays?

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Hello Judy,

Glad that I could be of help to you in a *virtual way*.

Cheers,

Corno Dolce

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Hello Judy,

Don't bet on it that this thread will go to sleep anytime soon. :grin::grin::grin:

Cheers,

Corno Dolce

methodistgirl

I'm glad I came up with this discussion. I didn't know that other people
had the same trouble that I do and sometimes a little different.
judy tooley

P.S. Don't worry about me doing like Sybrite. When discussion is over
I quit.
judy tooley:grin:

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
It seems like everybody feels better. This was therapy for me. Thanks
guys! You too Krummhorn. You are all angles. For those who don't
think you believe in God, well, I don't believe that you don't. You act
or seem like you do in a way. To me, it would take more faith in that
belief than to either be a Christian or Jew. Thank you!
judy tooley

Thanks for the nice thoughts, Judy ...

You are right, I do believe in God ... after all, HE is the one who bestowed this wonderful talent into my soul so that I might be His messenger through music.

Soli Deo Gloria

methodistgirl

You're welcome Krummhorn! I still wished you could come to Madisonville
kentucky for a visit someday and visit my church. I would love to meet
you someday instead of on this forum everyday!:rolleyes: Maybe your church
could send you to the Luthern church here. Madisonville does have one
on north main. It's about five miles from my house north. The one I go
to is just the next block. You have the picture in the art gallery and
my profile. May God bless!:)
judy tooley

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Hi Judy,

Well, the Lutheran church, does not assign organists to particular parishes in the US. We get to pick our own - I've been at my present church since 1982, and have no plans on leaving. Besides, the parishioners have threatened to cut off my toes if I even hint about wanting to seek employment at another church ... LOL. Guess I better stay here in Tucson if I love my feet ... :eek: :grin:.

Yes, it would be great to have a MIMF Organists Convention where everyone who would want or is able could get together for a few days, share in conversations, attend organ concerts, etc. At the same time, I also greatly respect the wishes of those who prefer their anonymity and enjoy just being part of this online community.

Last edited:

methodistgirl

I know of another holiday that is hard on me and that's either father's
day or mother's day. I find it depressing when women get gifts for
being the youngest, oldest, and have the most kids. I sit there with
my arms empty and eyes full of tears.:cry:
judy tooley

toejamfootball

Not really, I dont really celebrate holidays. Thanksgiving for me is an excuse to eat loads and watch Football. Christmas.. I still get presents from my family even though I have told them I am atheist. (its fine with me though, free stuff is always nice) :p

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
I know of another holiday that is hard on me and that's either father's day or mother's day. I find it depressing when women get gifts for being the youngest, oldest, and have the most kids. I sit there with
my arms empty and eyes full of tears.:cry: judy tooley

Judy,

Do not despair ... you are not alone in the world. There should be gifts for the loneliest too ... Those two holidays grip me, too ... Dad has been dead for 17 years and Mom, 16 years, but not a day ever goes by that I don't think of them and wish they were still here. But they are beside me, too - in a spiritual sense - helping me cope through life without them. My son's mom passed on when he was 14 (we were divorced and she had remarried), so he now has only me as immediate family.

Remember, God is beside you too, Judy ... he's there weeping alongside you ... and through his comfort you will find peace. I know that I did, and it has helped me through some pretty rough times. You will make it through the coming holidays with flying colors. Try not to dwell on the emptiness but find something to bolster your morale ... get out in the community ... build a snowman (we have to build a rockman here in the desert ... lol) ... do some community service, get out and meet people. It will do your heart good. :D

methodistgirl

Judy,

Do not despair ... you are not alone in the world. There should be gifts for the loneliest too ... Those two holidays grip me, too ... Dad has been dead for 17 years and Mom, 16 years, but not a day ever goes by that I don't think of them and wish they were still here. But they are beside me, too - in a spiritual sense - helping me cope through life without them. My son's mom passed on when he was 14 (we were divorced and she had remarried), so he now has only me as immediate family.

Remember, God is beside you too, Judy ... he's there weeping alongside you ... and through his comfort you will find peace. I know that I did, and it has helped me through some pretty rough times. You will make it through the coming holidays with flying colors. Try not to dwell on the emptiness but find something to bolster your morale ... get out in the community ... build a snowman (we have to build a rockman here in the desert ... lol) ... do some community service, get out and meet people. It will do your heart good. :D

Thank you Krummhorn. I know that I pick on you sometimes through
this forum but, I know that you have a big heart as well.
judy tooley