Getting through at last

elderflower

Hello everyone, although I have had to rejoin due to immense difficulties with password and no response to my pleas.
:It's nice to be back. My user name now is Elderflower although I used to be Sylvia Pacey. Perhaps some of you will remember me!!! I've really missed being able to join in the forums. So now WATCH THIS SPACE. I hope to be part of the community again. . Sylvie

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Hey and Hi, Sylvie :wave:

A hearty welcome back to the flock ...

Sorry about you having to re-register ... I guess Robin and I missed those messages somehow.

Anyway, if you want, we can bring Sylvie back to life :). If you would, shoot me a PM so we can get you back online with the former name and your 167 postings.

Good to see you here, again ... we all missed you!!

elderflower

HELLO Krummhorn, thanks for the welcome. I play in a Spiritualist church so they will be delighted to know that resurrection really exists but I don't mind being Elderflower, in fact
I am growing quite attached to the name, it suits me so well now that I have turned 80!!!
It will be nice to be able to post again from time to time. I'm off this morning to play for a C of E communion service so I can pass on the GOOD NEWS to them as well!!! Sylvie

teddy

Duckmeister
Welcome back to the forum elderflower. Look forward to your posts especially as my mother belonged to a spiritualist church.

teddy

elderflower

Teddy, that's so interesting to hear about your Mother. Which church did she attend?
The one I play for is in Bridgwater, Somerset. Elderflower

teddy

Duckmeister
My mother attended the little church in Sea Street, Herne Bay. I will have to dig out the name as she died five years ago and I can not remember. Mum got a great deal of pleasure from both the church itself and also the members who all seemed so warm and friendley. I was able to help them buy a new lectern in her memory. You would have thought I had built them a new church from their appreciation.
Look forward to your posts. Maybe it is time for a "favourite church" thread

teddy

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
Sylvie ... I was wondering where you disapeared too, welcome back, can you please get your Sylvie Pacey moniker working again? Surely Lars, Robin or whomever can sort this with a few, deft clicks on a keyboard??

elderflower

Getting through again

Thanks for all the welcome messages. I was offered resurrection as my old self
but thought as age advances, perhaps Elderflower was more appropriate.
Teddy, the reason I love the little spiritualist church I play for is that is such a truly loving place where everyone receives a warm welcome AND a nice cup of tea with biscuits after the service where we can all share companionship.The address is always really interesting and never judgemental only encouraging.The flower arrangements are beautiful and I photograph them and use the pictures
to make greeting cards which we sell to swell church funds. Sylvie

teddy

Duckmeister
It sounds delightful Sylvie. And did you mention tea and biscuits? My mother believed she recieved messages from her father. who she was particularly fond of. I have not attended a service although they kindly offered a memorial service for her. The problem with that was geting everyone in the country at the right time. Nor have I tried a Catholic service in latin, despite there being a RC church opposite one of my houses. I fear that these things will have to wait for my retirement (whenever that is) when hopefully I will have some selfish time.

teddy