Hello Magle Forum Members!

John30507

I contacted my music instructor. I am starting music lessons again! I have to wait for TWO WHOLE WEEKS because I will be out of the country next Saturday.

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Hi John30507,

The wait will be worth it ... and to be able to study again is something we would all look forward to. Keeping ourselves in shape fingering and pedalwise, is very important, even if we must practice on something other than what we want to play ... any keyboard workout will suffice as it's more important to practice fingering than it is to have this lovely sound of some great pipe organ.

Last edited:

John30507

I am excited. It has been over a year since I have taken lessons. I am thinking it will be a little awkward since it has been so long. The instructor is phenomenal though. His lessons are cheap ($10 per lesson). He also teaches quick. He is not like most people that charge $20 per lesson and teach you little by little to keep you coming back for as long as possible. I was reading music after my first lesson. He teaches electric guitar, acoustic guitar, bass guitar, fiddle, banjo, organ and a few other instruments.

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
That really cool, John ...

You sound really positive about this, and that's really good to see. :clap:
It's great that you have found such a gifted teacher, too ... a win win situation for you.

John30507

I decided that I also want to take singing lessons. I can't find anyone in my area though. I think I will just stick to organ for a while

C5Says

That's quite, interesting, John. You got your keyboarding genes from your great grand! Pursuing what your heart desires is something you should hold on to, since it's not bad anyway, for you will do what you enjoy and enjoy what you do and life is easier that way.

John30507

C5,

I have heard a lot of stories about him. He was an amazing man. I think he had a mental disorder though. Whats funny is that he was the same height that I am (6'3"). We don't look exactly alike, but we have a lot of the same features. My grandma has said that I remind her of him.

C5Says

Wow, so many big people in MIMF!

Go on...follow your dream, and we'll be more than happy seeing you through it. :)

methodistgirl

If you are gifted in anything, use that gift wisely. Don't mess your
life up like I did these past 30 years. Get your education even
though an education I did get but I'm unable to use what I've learned.
The best teachers are the mistakes you make in life and learn by
it to not make them again. Wisdom comes with age as you grow
older. By the time you are at least my age you will be wise to what
you learn from the school of hard knocks. At your age, I couldn't
see down the road ahead of me. Now I can look back and tell
someone in their teens to use what musical or any other gift
wisely listen to your parents when they see a mistake that you
might be making. Even Krummhorn would agree
judy Tooley

John30507

I am somewhat of a nerd. I do listen to my parents and do what they say although I might not agree sometimes.

John30507

EVERYONE that I see asks me if I play basketball, wrestle, play football, etc.. because I am tall and slim. I don't. I read, play music, paint, draw, etc... I am not into sports. Yeah I like moving and exercising, just not sports.

Oh yeah... and to prove even more of my nerdiness... I have a saltwater aquarium. If thats not nerdy, I don't know what nerdy is. Also I have over 100 reefing podcasts on my iPod.

John30507

I've been told that im only a nerd in school. Outside of school I am cool and relaxed. I have all A's and do everything that I can to keep them A's. Besides the tank, podcasts, books, & grades... I think I'm a pretty cool dude. I have a girlfriend, which not all nerds have. I noticed that I worry about my grades more than I worry about her. I will cut conversations with her short to study with other friends.

Muza

I think you can be nerdy and like sports at the same time (or be otherwise cool)...although, i dont now anymore. But you see, you have proved my point ;)

methodistgirl

You are not really a nerd. You are just obedient and artistic. You do
need to at least be involved in something with some excersize in it.
Go ahead and do some kind of sport. Even dancing is a sport if you
want to look at it that way and an art form.
judy tooley