How's Your Weather?

SilverLuna

:bawl: geez, ya didn't stop by my church and say "hi" on Christmas eve when you were here :bawl:

Hey, It's alright ... it was quite chilly in Tucson that night for sure :p.

Sorry! :( It was a crammed night, we went to Winterhaven for caroling and then went to midnight mass (at 8pm >>) and Sacred Heart Catholic Church right after.
I've been to your church though, a few times, but I've never heard the organ. Those pedal pipes are awesome though! 8D

Weather here right now: Still no clouds, a little gusty, and it's getting cold quickly. I just came back from a bike ride with this huge jacket on and I was still cold. Oo

Dorsetmike

Some snow has finally reached here, idiots are coming down the hill outside which although short is not far off 1:6 with a cross roads at the bottom, I'm listening out for the crunches. Other eejits are trying to get up same hill and having to reverse down onto the junction, more fun!

There must be nearly an inch and still coming. this afternoon's school run should be hilarious to watch.:rolleyes:

marval

Here it is -2C, with a lot of snow comming down, but it still doesn't feel as cold as yesterday.

Margaret

Dorsetmike

Council spoilt most of the fun, they sent a gritter down the road. First time I've seen one on this road in the 17 years I've lived here.

Dorsetmike

slide.jpg

Kids having fun with a plastic "sledge" on the road outside.

slideap.jpg

Motorists not having fun on the same hill.. The Udrive failed to get up the hill so tried a 3 pointer to go back down, hit the other white van, had just got clear when an eejit came down with all 4 wheels locked and hit side on, just after they managed to separate them and the Udrive had moved down hill a bit, another eejit did almost the same and knocked the car which had been pushed clear further down the hill into a neighbours parked car.

The hill is probably near 1:6 (16%) to 1:8(12%) and we probably had barely 2"/5cm of snow.

marval

There's always one isn't there, you would think in this weather the eejits would be a little more careful.

Margaret

Dorsetmike

One? there's lots of them, had 3 more locked together across the road right outside the house about an hour ago, don't doubt there will be more before it thaws. I notified the council that it was dangerous, "it's a minor road we can't grit all of them"

I said "so close it before some serious damage or loss of life happens"

"Thank you for your report" ............. no action since.

methodistgirl

It's showing big flakes this morning. We got our inch and now receiving
some more. It looks like this at just 10 degrees and more snow is on it's
way.
judy tooley

methodistgirl

Hallelujah and praise the lord! The snow finally quit falling.:clap::banana:
Today it's been sunshine all day but I still had to miss church again.:cry:
I hope it warms up soon and melts away all of this mess. I'd like to
go to church again sometime this month and year.
judy tooley

marval

It has been 0C all day today, the snow has only slightly thawed. The side roads and pavements are all slushy, but still slightly icy underneath.

Dorsetmike

almost all the snow has gone, roads reasonably clear here.

Still cold though, South of England cold that is, not Canadian cold.

methodistgirl

After such a hard freeze 32 felt like a heatwave.:cool: But then it's coming
snowflurries. Does anyone here hate to miss church because of the
bad weather?
judy tooley

marval

-1C at the moment, had snow over night and have some more now. Feeling obviously a little colder.

Margaret