What is your favorite snack?

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
I've been snacking on baked onion rings. Yummy with catsup.
judy tooley

Ever had the "blooming onion" at the Outback Steakhouse Judy?

It's one huge onion, dipped in a special batter, then deep fried. I afford the luxury of having those only twice a year - mainly because they are soooo bad for the cardio system, but the flavor is scrumptious.

methodistgirl

No I haven't. Madisonville doesn't have an Outback. I can slice up
an onion and dip it in my own batter and then fry them in a small
skillet. They are much fresher and taste better.
judy tooley

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
I just had filo pastry stuffed with feta and spinach (courtesy of my workplace's kitchen who provide a tasty morsel daily to all staff).

greatcyber

It is obscene...too bad so many people actually do engorge themselves thus on a daily basis. Great for the cardiologists, however.

greatcyber

@CT64, LOL. From one extreme to the other, when I lived in Georgia, I used to love to go to Krystal after a night of drinking. You could get these tiny square burgers for something like 5 for $1. They steamed the buns and had grilled onions on top. They also had great wee hot dogs. Have a look-see and see what you think.

I don't eat unhealthy fast food anymore except when traveling and that is the only choice from the highway exit...maybe once a year. But I think if I had access to Krystal or Chick Fillet again, I might make an exception now and again.

http://www.krystal.com/

Dorsetmike

I can also do a mean spotted dick (a steamed suet pudding dotted with currants and sultanas, equally evil to the waistline and cholesterol but really yummy with it!)

Must work on reducing these recipés to single person quantities, unless someone wants to move in ..................??????