• Welcome to the Pipe Organ Forum! This is a part of the open community Magle International Music Forums focused on pipe organs (also known as "church organs"), organists, organ music and related topics.

This forum is intended to be a friendly place where technically advanced organists and beginners (or even non-organists) can feel comfortable having discussions and asking questions. We learn by reading and asking questions, and it is hoped that the beginners (or non-organists) will feel free to ask even the simplest questions, and that the more advanced organists will patiently answer these questions. On the other hand, we encourage complex, technical discussions of technique, music, organ-building, etc. The opinions and observations of a diverse group of people from around the world should prove to be interesting and stimulating to all of us.

As pipe organ discussions can sometimes become lively, it should be pointed out that this is an open forum. Statements made here are the opinion of the poster, and not necessarily that of the forum itself, its administrator, or its moderators.

In order to post a new topic - or reply to existing ones - you may join and become a member by clicking on Register New User. It's completely free and only requires a working email address (in order to confirm your registration - it will never be given away!). We strive to make this a friendly and informative forum for anyone interested in pipe organs and organ music.

(Note: If you wish to link to and promote your own website please read this thread first.)

Many kind regards
    smile.gif

Frederik Magle
    Administrator

Krummhorn
    Co-Administrator

Does anything change?

JHC

Chief assistant to the assistant chief
Well John and myself had a short discussion on trad/dixie jazz but no one joined in ?? I think the point is that we do not have enough really active posters to make an interesting debate, have a count how many regular posters there are on the jazz or classical scene. The Organ section may be a lot better but not being an Organ enthusiast I don,t go there.

White Knight

Spectral Warrior con passion
@ David, I think he was just trying to beat the 15 character minimum and so typed in some nonsense letters which don't mean anything in any language known to and spoken by the human race.

Ghekorg7 (Ret)

Rear Admiral Appassionata (Ret)
He he he hehe...........
Now, are all those replies related to "does anything change?" ???...... well.......... yes ! They speak for them selves.

As I said it just needed a firestarter.... Teddy with his nonsense phrase started up a small fire here .

As for "what music genre did you listen to today" I cannot participate regularilly as I'm kinda strange personality.... khmmm

For example, I can start my day with Eberhard Weber's "The folllowing morning" and Jan Garbarek's music, then go for "I can't sleep" from Above and Beyond, next "Breakin' ties" from Ocenalab then return to practice Bux's Am Preludium&Fugue, see Whiteley playing Bach in Arnstad, go for some Duke Ellington then Billie and John Coltrane and then...... some power metal from Innerwish or Firewind....

So you see....... what to post? I'm not so well it seems.....

teddy

Duckmeister
Thats what I find interesting about peoples music tastes. The variety.

teddy

sdkjfgiwuefgwkejhcvweklavwekfb (just for the hell of it)

Ghekorg7 (Ret)

Ah, I forgot : I can usually end at night with a Shostakovich symphony or a Beethoven's piano concerto or even Evanescense or Messianen's organ improvisations !

Ghekorg7 (Ret)

Hi Teddy I just saw you're in !

Yeah, variety and choise.... that's the good thing in our lives ..... !@#$%$%^&*()_+

Ghekorg7 (Ret)

Ha ha,

It doesn't mean anything, following Teddy's path I just typed the alternative series of 1234567890-= row on my keyboard !
Next time I'll switch to Greek console and will be something like ασδφγηξκλ΄'

By the way, and slightly OT, the occasional problem of posting double here remains (see some places in the row above).

White Knight

Spectral Warrior con passion
Ah, I forgot : I can usually end at night with a Shostakovich symphony or a Beethoven's piano concerto or even Evanescense or Messianen's organ improvisations !

Now you're talking! :alc:Which Shostakovich symphony do you enjoy the most, if any? I've really been "getting into" him--both his symphonic and string quartet output.

Ghekorg7 (Ret)

He he....... thanks, I've posted in the past that Dmitri is my favourite composer.
Well.........ALL !!!!!
Ok, Bernstein's version of the 5th symphony is my alltime favorite. I can cry for hours......
Also got many stuff about him, books , videos ect

Have you listened to his soundtracks ? It was the time when, after his clash with Stalin that he ordered not to found anywhere a place to play live..., he started collaboration with directors.
To be honest and fair all contemporary film composers sound like Dmitri......IMHO !

Super beautiful are his Jewish folk songs arrangements, with two sopranos, baritone and sopranos ect. Winter and Lament for a dead infant are my favorites from !

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
I must admit that you see the same posters time and time again in their favorite threads but the same in TC and other forums. We don't seem to have many debates heated or otherwise we must be in the waiting room????

My $0.03 cents worth: I think we all know how too darned easy it would be have heated debates which with the speed of greased lightning will turn into "flame-wars". Maybe the membership here is devoted to upbuilding discourse that seeks to encourage people. There is so much rancid rancor on other sites that can only offer witheringly destructive character assassinations and criticism that only serves to tear people apart. Sure, there are those who are into verbal BDSM - Ok, indulge in your pleasures...Please don't bring it here........

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Admiral Duckmeister is a kindly soul and a real Mensch - no need to beware of him........

teddy

Duckmeister
I am just sweetness and light Colin, ask any of my victims........I mean friends. Remember my moto. Friends help you move. Good friends help you move bodies. :devil::devil::devil:

(The sweet and cuddly) teddy