Jazz quiz

marval

Well done teddy, Blue Trombone one of his albums

Your turn to ask a question

Sorry to make you scratch your head gord.

Margaret

teddy

Duckmeister
Who wrote and recorded his music for "a folk musical" based on the life of John Henry?

teddy

teddy

Duckmeister
Serves me right. Mike, you are of course right but I was thinking of the 1975 version written by Cannpnball Aderley. I should have been more specific. From now on I will leave it to you experts.

regards

teddy

Dorsetmike

More like Google/Wiki ain't perfect, never saw a mention of Cannonball.

I shall rack my brains for a suitable teaser.

Dorsetmike

Benny Goodman recorded 2 Beatles numbers (that I know of).

Which were they, when (year) and where were they recorded.

hardbop grandpop

mike, the only song i know of by the beatles recorded by goodman is yesterday which is on the 40th anniversary concert at carnegie hall. that song has been recorded by everyone. dont know what the other one is. gord

marval

I think you will find the other one on the same album, also by Lennon and Mccartney is Rocky Raccoon. Gord guessed first, so if I am right he wins.

Margaret

Dorsetmike

Yesterday is correct for one, the other was Ringo's Octopus's Garden, both recorded in London October/November 1968 with an all British line up except for Benny of course.

Personnel included Kenny Baker, George Chisholm, Bill McGuffie, Lennie Bush, Tommy Whittle, Lad Busby and others, arrangements Wally Stott and Peter Knight

I have seen a reissue on Amazon but it costs and arm and a leg, pity cos my original LP is getting a bit tired!

marval

Yesterday is correct for one, the other was Ringo's Octopus's Garden, both recorded in London October/November 1968 with an all British line up except for Benny of course.

Personnel included Kenny Baker, George Chisholm, Bill McGuffie, Lennie Bush, Tommy Whittle, Lad Busby and others, arrangements Wally Stott and Peter Knight

I have seen a reissue on Amazon but it costs and arm and a leg, pity cos my original LP is getting a bit tired!

That one I don't know, I live and learn.

Margaret

hardbop grandpop

i think i have to ask the next question. famous 1920s jazz clarinet frank teschemacher was killed in a car crash in 1932. which well known trumpet player was driving the car. gord:confused:

OLDUDE

what musical instrument is otherwise known as a "licorace stick" and from what souce did its true name originate?