Rating The Jazz Piece Above Me

teddy

Duckmeister
Great piece John but only an 8.5. Maybe it caught me in the wrong mood as it certainly swings along.
Now, where was that piece I was going to post............................................

teddy

teddy

Duckmeister
I know, I know. I am having a turn.........
I will get back into the swing of things. This is what happens when you have a holiday.

teddy

OLDUDE

ted, - Thanks for Bill and Toots - I rate it 9/10 (great sound).
Mat, - I was fascinated by your track -excellent clarinet. (10/10 since it has stirred so many emotions for me).
Once again I find that I am missing out on so much wonderful Polish (and I have no doubt other European jazz).
I got into Italian jazz for a short time and bought some Cds - it was great but where and how do you bring it
under control?
Is there some method by which we can sample such music?. It needs someone with knowledge of the overall scene
and probably a dedicated thread.
Any ideas anyone?

Mat

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Regulator
Hey John,

Glad you liked the track - I aim to please. It wasn't a clarinet he was playing though, but a soprano sax.
Also, I went to Miśkiewicz's concert a couple months ago. Very enjoyable. He was playing the alto back then.

Last edited:

teddy

Duckmeister
Sophrano sax .Mmmmmmmmmmm. Has to be a 10.0 Mat :D

John, we had a thread featuring jazz from around the world. Maybe we could re open it.

teddy

Mat

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Regulator
Sure, John. I honestly didn't care for that guitar solo at the beginning (preferred what was played by the bass, later). The lack of piano or a related keyboard instrument was a serious drawback for me, at least in this particular case. I liked the overall climate of the piece and Miśkiewicz's playing as well, though it would've been better if he was playing the soprano :cool:. I rate @ 8/10, 8.5 at best.

What do you think of it?