What Do You Drive?

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Hopefully the rider has v-e-r-y long legs to straddle those "engines" :grin:
At least whatever got in its way would be ... uhh ... umm ... re"cycled" . :lol:

marval

Re"cycled, HaHa, but they would definately need long legs. You would need to hang on tight I expect.

Margaret

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Where are one's feet going to be situated on that bike? You don't want your feet in front of the intakes do you? Sucked in, chewed up, torched, and blown out the the back....Plus, you don't want to be next to the compressor case if the thing explodes....Shrapnel!!!

If you must have a jet engine in a car:

http://www.ronpatrickstuff.com/

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Indeed Ms. Margaret - the intake noise of this engine is a high-pitched whistling shriek that'll make one's heart stop. Even with that screen in front of the intake I still wouldn't want to be sitting almost in front of it. Since the gentleman was an Engineer with a Ph.D I wondered why he didn't design and manufacture a reverse-cowl intake with ducting to the jet inlet. The reverse cowl intake would be mounted on the roof. He could then drive with the windows rolled up; although it would get very hot inside the car.

With eleven stages of compression the air temp inside the engine will be around 800F - and thats before it reaches the combustion chamber which will add around 1000F.

greatcyber

humorous-looking-car-basketball-love-bug-vehicle.jpg

Where's the hoop?

marval

Hi CD

Yes I think a cowl would be a very good idea, I wouldn't want to be anywhere too near it, not without possibly earplugs and a flamesuit.

Here is one for people who don't mind heights. Has anyone got a ladder?

big_foot_nap.jpg

marval

Hi Mat

That's an interesting car, it looks a little like the smart car.

Well I would give you guys a lift, but there is only room for one.

crazy_looking_little_car.jpg

intet_at_tabe

Rear Admiral Appassionata (Ret.)
Hi Intet

Yes, it is an improvement to my pedal car.

Here is the perfect bike for a girl.

pinkbike.jpg

Ms. Margaret :tiphat::clap::clap:

Great pink bike noticing the head of a pig as head lights :clap::clap::clap::clap:Wonder what or who she was thinking of while creating this pink bike.

marval

Hi Intet

I don't know what they were thinking, but it must have been for someone who likes pink. Not sure why the pigs though, at least they will get noticed when they go out.

Margaret.

Mat

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Regulator
I have a strange feeling that this thread evolved from *What Do You Drive* to *Funny/Strange Cars' Pictures*