What jazz have you been listening to today?

OLDUDE

Upon a whim I threw "jazz pianists" at my computer, and of course came up with dozens of names,
which I started to wade through on Spotify.
Fortunately the name "Deegie Adair" came up early in the proceedings and I have been listening to her music,
totally entranced, for the last few days (and including as I write this).
I am now waiting to receive some Xmas vouchers (as usual I hope) to purchase some of her downloads for my iPod.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0XxsEuS5mY&feature=player_detailpage

Last edited:

stu

Gene Ammons and Sonny Stitt- Left Bank Encores,CD.
Eddie Lockjaw Davis- Live At The Widder Bar, CD
West Coast Jazz- At The Lighthouse. 2CD's. (all the usual suspects)

stu

Hi John, it's good to see you back. You were missed!

I dug out a few more West Coast CD's, and have been listening in to various tracks from Frank Rosolino Quartet, Shorty Rogers Giants Cool And Crazy,
Art Pepper Quartet, Conti Candoli Powerhouse Trumpet, Bud Shank Quartet, and a few tracks from the John Graas Project over four CD's.

Latona

Now playing...

Hank Mobley - Thinking Of Home

Recorded in '70 but not released for more than a decade, this was Mobley's last proper recording session as a leader for Blue Note, and it's a real hidden gem in his catalogue. Not only does he thankfully leave behind the cringe-worthy covers that blighted some of his previous LPs in the late-60s, there are a great range of interesting and entertaining tunes here, all wonderfully played by a group that included Woody Shaw on trumpet and Cedar Walton on piano.

Last edited:

gord

john Coltrane-gold (2cds)-universal.this could be called tranes greatest hits.the best tracks from coltranes four record companys are included.a perfect companion for a two hour car trip.great stuff here.gord

stu

That Shorty Rogers ranks up there with the great big band albums. Quite a line up, a who's who of west coast jazz.

Lennie Niehaus Sextet- with Bill Perkins; Stu Williamson; Jimmy Guiffre;Shelley Manne. CD
Jack Montrose with Conti Candoli;Bob Gordon; Shelly Manne. CD
Milt Bernhardt Modern Brass-with Shorty Rogers;John Graas; etc. CD.