What music are you listening to?

teddy

Duckmeister
This last thread prompted my to pull out Year of the Cat - Al Stewart. An album I never get tired of.

teddy

teddy

Duckmeister
Been listening to The Walker Brothers on Youtube. Very enjoyable and brings back many memories. Time well spent. No regrets.

teddy

teddy

Duckmeister
Home alone. So Pink Floyd gets an airing. Atom Heart Mother and Piper at The Gates Of Dawn

teddy

teddy

Duckmeister
Have put The Inkspots back in the car CD player. trying to fool myself that it is high Summer and I am laying under a tree with a cool glass of beer looking at the world through slitted eyes.

teddy

teddy

Duckmeister
Hello jovian and welcome to the forum. I love THE THRILL IS GONE with Gary Moore and B B King. Over nine minutes live playing on Youtube.

teddy

John Watt

Yeah! "The Thrill is Gone", by B.B.King, a song that's taken me places.
Going to a new open stage nightclub owned by the criminals who took over the local bar scene,
and turned it into stripper clubs and drug dens, I couldn't take it up onstage,
and I didn't bring my own guitar, feeling brave as a protest mayoral candidate, just being there.
After being pressured, I grabbed a big acoustic guitar and walked over in the middle of the tables,
and got down on my knees, holding up the guitar neck, and started beating on A minor, strumming fast,
singing low notes, going do do do and phrasing like a trumpeter or sax, anxious and desperate,
going up the scales, hitting my C above high C note, kinda squealy, going through the chords.
People were clapping for that.
And then I started the rhythm, standing up, singing "the thrill is gone". Lots more applause.
I did the first verse and then, being the Welland boy I am, got into more appropriate lyrics.
"The pills are gone. The pills are all gone today. I said the pills are gone, you did all the pills today,
The next time I find them, I'm going to flush them all away.
The weed is gone, and that smell is all that's left for me.
I said all the weed is gone, and you're just flicking your Bic at me,

uh, I kept going, not exactly sure what the next few verses are about.
That got me a free gourmet meal and some free pops and the offer of a gig.
I never went back, thinking I walked out okay once and didn't want to push it.

The forums are here, and this is where I like to post.
I said the forums are here, and this is where I type the most.
After all these years of reading and listening and commenting here,
I like Frederik Magle as my host with the most.

Last edited:

John Watt

I clicked but caught an error.

Somebody changed the satellite channel and put on dance electronica, weak dance electronica.
It's amazing that the stage and studio set-up guy in me can't even change channels with this device.
Nice, nice, all of us caught in this strange device.