What music are you listening to?

John Watt

Joni Mitchell! When she came to Toronto for a birthday celebration (she's 80),
for an art and film festival, she surprised everyone by singing three songs,
really getting into them and getting the crowd going, and sounding modern.
They're saying this festival was worth it just to hear her sing.

Flo and Eddie! The original singers for The Turtles who went on to front for Frank Zappa,
an act I saw in Edmonton in 1970. The music was good, the show was like a frat party.

EddieRUKiddingVare! What else would you listen to? Admit it, c'mon now, admit it?
Sometimes you put on spandex or jackets with big shoulders and dance around to Rick Springfield, kissing the album cover.

I wore out my last Diamond Life cassette years ago and haven't found any copy since.
It's a little strange watching Sade on Youtube, the big venue packed with people, the huge stage,
the big lighting, the dramatic entrances and sound effects, and then her mellow voice and music.
While I'm concentrating on cutting sign vinyl by hand or drawing lettering,
she's nice to have on in he background, a slow burn that interests but doesn't need a lot of concentration,
after all these years.
What's nice is, for some reason, when she saunters across the stage with her arms held over her head,
that's a smooth excitement.

Pink! I liked Pink right from the start, liking her cowboy video the best, back then.
She's had a few interviews in Canadian women's magazines,
before and after her pregnancy, and she seems like a real person and artist.
I kept waiting for her to get implants but she never did. Good for her.

Last edited:

teddy

Duckmeister
Settling down to listen to my original version of War of the Worlds on vinyl. Should keep me happy for a couple of hours. This copy must be almost forty years old

teddy

Joni Mitchell! When she came to Toronto for a birthday celebration (she's 80),
for an art and film festival, she surprised everyone by singing three songs,
really getting into them and getting the crowd going, and sounding modern.
They're saying this festival was worth it just to hear her sing.

Flo and Eddie! The original singers for The Turtles who went on to front for Frank Zappa,
an act I saw in Edmonton in 1970. The music was good, the show was like a frat party.

EddieRUKiddingVare! What else would you listen to? Admit it, c'mon now, admit it?
Sometimes you put on spandex or jackets with big shoulders and dance around to Rick Springfield, kissing the album cover.

I wore out my last Diamond Life cassette years ago and haven't found any copy since.
It's a little strange watching Sade on Youtube, the big venue packed with people, the huge stage,
the big lighting, the dramatic entrances and sound effects, and then her mellow voice and music.
While I'm concentrating on cutting sign vinyl by hand or drawing lettering,
she's nice to have on in he background, a slow burn that interests but doesn't need a lot of concentration,
after all these years.
What's nice is, for some reason, when she saunters across the stage with her arms held over her head,
that's a smooth excitement.

Pink! I liked Pink right from the start, liking her cowboy video the best, back then.
She's had a few interviews in Canadian women's magazines,
before and after her pregnancy, and she seems like a real person and artist.
I kept waiting for her to get implants but she never did. Good for her.

Of cause I listen to Flo and Eddie - have even got a few of there albums on vinyl too- i like the way the mixed the old Turtles songs in with the frat party stuff.

Those guys did so much backing vocals in the seventies including from TRex and John Lennon to the Ramones the list justg oes on and on

John Watt

"The Greatest Hits of George Benson", a cassette copy I made of a library disc,
comfort music for me, my time spent with Mr. George Benson being one of the most important times of my life,
and Miles Davis' "Doo-Bop", another cassette copy of a library disc.
Okay, I tried out a 50 cent Jann Arden disc to see if it's still sensitive enough for her "Insensitive",
and it is.

teddy

Duckmeister
At home, bleary eyed having spent the morning with the eye surgeon and trawling through my collection of Simon and Garfunkel.

teddy

White Knight

Spectral Warrior con passion
On Spotify:

The Doobie Brothers--Livin' On The Fault Line. Michael McDonald's voice still gets to me every time! Same goes for Don Henley.
The Eagles--​The Long Run and Hotel California
Don Henley--The Very Best of Don Henley

Last edited:

teddy

Duckmeister
What great musicianship from some very special elderly gentlemen, along with Ry Cooder. If you can see the film as well {in case you haven't} it is simply fantastic!

Managed to carch it about six years ago Steve, but would like to see it again. Certainly pushed my buttons.

teddy