How's Your Weather?

Dorsetmike

Bit warm here (by british standards 23C/74F) went out to buy some bags of compost, I'll take them out of the car later when it's cooler, right now me skin's leaking all over.

Buchpteclare

First long weekend..

Well, sort of considered the first long weekend of the summer. Also the first 'safe' planting day for the gardners in this area. Actually it's been good and warm for the last week. Today is heading for +30 and up - and the forecast is for even warmer weather over the next few days.

However - there has been little rain. The St. Laurence is still the lowest level I can remember - way below what we would expect even in the late summer. I expect there will be problems for the big boats on the seaway.

OK, gotta run and get those future tomato sandwiches planted. (Grin).

ATB! :)

rojo

(Ret)
It's currently sunny and 20*C but southern south-western Poland has been struggling floods.

Part of my estate has already been flooded. The water level is high - up to 2 metres (6.5 feet). The place where I live is still dry, but the levee is leaking. The military, policemen, firemen and civilians are covering the leakages with sandbags.
I heard about the flooding in Poland, and I thought about you Mat. Glad to see you posting. I hope the weather stays sunny. I hope you are safe, and that the Polish people are managing ok.

Mat

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Regulator
Hey Rojo,

Thank you very much for your kind words. I appreciate your concern. I am safe for now. However the levee is very wet. New leakages keep coming along. Literally moments ago there was one right in front of my building, but thanks to the emergency services and ordinary people who live here, the situation seems to be under control now. People are still here, preparing more sandbags just in case something unexpected happens. We are lucky to have electricity and running water here. People in the other part of the estate were cut off yesterday.

It's sad that nearly nothing had been done, since the enormous flood from 1997, to prevent estates like mine from being flooded...

Last edited:

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
A cloudy 68°F with daytime temps rising to near 100°F by Thursday.
Looks like the ice will break on the Santa Cruz River before the end of May :lol:

rojo

(Ret)
Hey Rojo,

Thank you very much for your kind words. I appreciate your concern. I am safe for now. However the levee is very wet. New leakages keep coming along. Literally moments ago there was one right in front of my building, but thanks to the emergency services and ordinary people who live here, the situation seems to be under control now. People are still here, preparing more sandbags just in case something unexpected happens. We are lucky to have electricity and running water here. People in the other part of the estate were cut off yesterday.

It's sad that nearly nothing had been done, since the enormous flood from 1997, to prevent estates like mine from being flooded...
Glad to hear that things are under control, Mat, at least for now. Let's hope they stay that way. Fingers crossed.

OLDUDE

After the coldest ist 3 weeks in May ever, our weather was beautiful last week.
However, guess what, its back to winter again today.(N.E.England)

Mat

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Regulator
It's 20*C at 10pm here. The water level is coming back to normal, thankfully the leeve managed to save my building from being flooded.

However, the damage across the country is enormous. Plenty of people lost their nest eggs. The government promised financial help for all the victims. Unfortunately, it won't be enough to rebuild all the destroyed buildings.