How's Your Weather?

White Knight

Spectral Warrior con passion
New York today is cold and sunny. We had 3 more inches of snow last night with another couple predicted for the overnight. Temps will probably fall back into the twenties tonite as well! :banghead: :bawl:

White Knight

Clear and cold with temps in the lower thirties going down to the twenties tonite. Thankfully, no more snow predicted until at least the weekend. :pray:

White Knight

Clear and cold today; tonight, it's in the low thirties. Not bad, considering what we've recently had to endure!

Hawk Henries

Today bright clear with temps around 19F. Yesterday we had a nice spring snow storm. About 8-10 inches of wet snow made everything look fresh.

Weather related: While in Massachusetts this past week there was an unusual storm~it was mostly constant lightning with only a few rumbles of thunder. What made this unusual is the time of year. Seldom are there thunder storms in February but the strangest thing was that the lightning was Pink! Beautiful!

teddy

Duckmeister
49f Steady rain all day. Looks like it is set in for the weekend.

Steve, my daughter will be in New York towards the end of the month on a Univercity trip. If I may I will pick your brains regarding the weather, nearer the time.

teddy

Last edited:

teddy

Duckmeister
48f cold and damp all day

Steve, not sure of all the details yet. One of her subjects is American Studies which seems to be about the Indians, the way they lived and how they were treated by the goverment. She is fascinated by their history.

teddy

White Knight

48f cold and damp all day

Steve, not sure of all the details yet. One of her subjects is American Studies which seems to be about the Indians, the way they lived and how they were treated by the goverment. She is fascinated by their history.

teddy

So Teddy, will she be going to upstate New York--where there is a lot of Native American folklore and history--or to Manhattan and the other boroughs? Sounds fascinating. Is your daughter a teacher or historian, then?

methodistgirl

Krummhorn you can have all the rain you want and I will even
send you some if you supply the warm sunshine from Arizona.
We're in a flash flood warning, severe thunderstorm watch, and
strong winds. Yuck!
judy tooley

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
It's a deal, Judy :tiphat:

I hate the sunshine ... but the missus can't stand the damp cold, so to avoid divorce court, we (I) tolerate stupid sunshine.

Rains all gone ... it went to Judy's place ... clear and going for 80°f/27°c by midweek.
Funny ... heater going full bore on the weekend and air conditioning 3 days later ... :scold: ... what a place :ut:.

teddy

Duckmeister
41f Cold and miserable again. No sun

Steve , she is a history student in her last year, writing a dissertation. Will find out where they are staying and what trips are organised.

teddy

Buchpteclare

It's a real mixed bag today. (No sun though). The temp shot up to 32 last night, nw we have been getting - snow, sleet, freezing rain, and rain. It's going to be real fun as it's supposed to drop well below freezing again tonight. Wheeeeee - slip-sliding everywhere....:(