How's Your Weather?

Buchpteclare

Overcast, no wind, light rain (sometimes freezing) - temp -3.1C (26.4F). We are in the middle of the 'traditional' January thaw. We had two feet of packed snow removed from the roof today. Now I can't see out some of the lower windows. The snow is piled well over my head now! Yikes - three months of winter (more or less) to go?

Mat

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Regulator
It's snowing, finally. It's the first snow we've had in about a month (!), but it looks like it might stay for a while as the temp went below zero (below 30°F).

John Watt

The "January thaw" is so complete, here in the Niagara Peninsula,
it almost seems like spring, the snow melted, the sun shining, nice and warm.
Oh yeah, the NHL is starting, right on time!

teddy

Duckmeister
Snowed last night, enough to make an impression but at least the garden looks nice now. Brighteish today at 34f

teddy

teddy

Duckmeister
35f. Luckily no wind, but when the North Easterlies arrive we will know all about it. There is nothing between our house and the North Pole apart from a couple of trees.

teddy

John Watt

Here, up in Canada by Niagara Falls,
all the snow has melted, it's sunny and warm,
and I'm picking leftover sapsicles from maple sugar trees.
Of course, there is a lot of ground heat from decomposing mammals in Marineland,
the mass graves being the source of new news and potential government action.

Buchpteclare

The january thaw ended yesterday. Quite windy too. Tonights low about -8C, clear skies. It's back to a 'normal' winter - I think. ;)

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Chilly ... downright cold for last couple days. I was actually wearing pants and a coat outside, which is quite rare for me.
Our low was 17°f (-8.3°c) and the high was 40°f (4.4°c).

No frozen water pipes, but a very expensive natural gas bill for heating ...:(. Warmer today, about 60°f, so it's back into shorts for me ... Yea!

Dorsetmike

We got snow, forecast says it'll soon turn to sleet then rain as the day goes on; further inland the snow will continue, it says! Maybe 2 or 3 inches here, but I ain't going out to check with a ruler. A few motorists are trying to get around, but trying to get up an ungritted 1:8 (12.5%), they find, is not recommended, but they still try, get part way then slither backwards erratically as they decide to try the less steep alternative. Those coming down find stopping at the cross roads can be a problem!

It's still coming down, but now tiny flakes blown on the strongish wind, so presume there will be some drifting.