How's Your Weather?

teddy

Duckmeister
15.8f (-4c) Very cold but still no wind to speak of otherwise the wind chill factor would be a killer. Wind will turn South/ Soth East. Its the North Easterlies which freeze out cottage.

teddy

Buchpteclare

Beautiful clear january sky. Slight breeze and B cold! Low last night was -33C (28 below on the F scale). Now up to -18C. I can't wait to complain about the hot summer weather. (Grin).

teddy

Duckmeister
Fine, but constant snow all day. We now have about five inches and because its Sunday iit is mainly undisturbed in the village. 30f

teddy

teddy

Duckmeister
32f but not thawing. Brushed six inches of snow off the car this morning and madaged to waddle her out of the village, but the main roads are fairly clear

teddy

White Knight

Spectral Warrior con passion
Really feeling like winter today, what with temps in the upper twenties, grey overcast skies and some light, intermittent snow.

White Knight

I`d be curious to know how the weather is elsewhere, and how it affects folks in other places...
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Where exactly is "elsewhere" to you?

White Knight

Today continued quite cold--temps only in the middle twenties--with some non-accumulating snow {the best kind!}. Quite windy, with more of the white stuff predicted for the end of this week.

teddy

Duckmeister
33f with a light breeze. Some thawing, but enough snow left to look pretty. A bright cheerful day, but more snow forecast

teddy

Buchpteclare

Here we had about eight to ten inches of snow on the weekend, followed by whiteouts with wind up to 80/90 kilometers an hour. Now we have dropped back into the deep freeze with lows of -31C ( 24 below on the Farenheit scale) and wind chill getting close to the -40C range. Light overcast. Time to bring in more firewood. Note - Im still not quite used to metric for every day measurements. Lets see, eight inches equals 20.32 Cm. (Grinning). I'm starting to wonder where to shovel this stuff. At least one little red squirrel, two black capped chickadees and a pair of blue jays are keeping me company just outside the Retreat.

White Knight

It was even colder today, with temps only topping the low twenties and plummeting into the teens tonight. Still clear, though with snow being predicted for the end of the week and into the weekend.

Last edited:

teddy

Duckmeister
34f and overcast. Most of the snow around here has now gone, although some parts of the country (Wales for instance) are still suffering

teddy

John Watt

There is residual snow around the edges,
and everyone is saying it's cold out, because it's below zero for a few days.
The surfers offa Sherkston Beach are wearing wetsuits.

teddy

Duckmeister
Nearly all the snow is now gone around here, but moe forecast for the weekend. 35f and overcast

teddy

White Knight

Currently 15 degrees out there, but the wind chill is still making it feel very much colder. This is the type of cold which permeates ones bones no matter how "layered up" one is if he/she stays out in this weather for too long, which in my case is only a few minutes or so.

teddy

Duckmeister
Keep warm and well Steve. You don't want any complications after what you have been through.

34f Overcast with more snow forecast but I think most of it will miss us. We seem to have our own micro climate here in this corner of England.

teddy